Sunday, May 18, 2008

So Now It's Over, It's Time To Say Goodbye...

So, I guess this is it. No more high school. Woohoo. Looking forward to graduating, but not looking forward to playing at graduation, or saying bye to everyone. Well. Maybe not everyone, but you know.

So, last Wednesday's show was fun, but kinda weird. About 30 people showed up. Dylan Taylor, Fairyboy, and Sending Regards played. I really like Dylan Taylor's stuff. He played ukulele and had awesome lyrics. Fairyboy's stuff would've been good if it hadn't of been for his vocals. Sending Regards were meh. They could use some practice. Same with me. I could use a lot of practice. I played a couple songs and was done, but everyone just looked at me when I told them to go home, so I told stories then played some rap songs. Exciting, eh? Anyway, significance of this show? Dylan Taylor and Fairyboy were the first people that I've ever gotten to play here from out of the country (Canada! They said "aboot" and everything). They were really nice, but apparently everyone thought they were really dirty? I didn't notice. Maybe I'm dirty too? Haha. Anyway, yea, they were really nice. I gave them like $100 worth of music because I needed to get rid of it, and they wanted it, but didn't have much money. Although they only made 20 or 30 bucks on the show, they said it was one of the best on the whole tour so far. Woo.

While on the subject of shows, the next one is the Saturday after graduation at Mountain High Skate Park. Some punk bands. It was a favor for a friend. Come if you want. I think it'll cost 3 bucks (not my choice), but I could probably get you in for free.

I found out the other day that a track that I submitted for an audiozine made it! It's not a music track, but just me talking about something. Still cool, though! It's on Transmissions #2 on Rock-It-Records. If you want a copy for some reason, lemme know and I can order you one. They're $3 each. Or I could just email you the track. I don't care.

As it turns out, the time I'm going to be in Chicago, is not only when Southwest Folk Fest is going on, but also Mauled By Tigers. I'm pumped!

Oh man, I almost forgot. Friday, I made it through the day without feeling the least bit of sadness until the end of band. Mr. Rittenhouse asked if he could take a picture of me, then talked to me afterwards. He said I had more talent than he could ever hope to have, which is huge coming from someone who works with music professionally. Then he told me to come visit sometime, which just put things into perspective for me a bit: I'm going to be leaving a bunch of really cool people here.

But life moves on for both me and those people. Probably for the best. Maybe I'll come visit sometime?

"...Maybe you should have never met me."

9 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

yeah, Rittenhouse's send off for me was pretty sad too. Krieg's was probably the hardest to get through, though, because I've known her so long and she is one of my best friends. It's hard knowing that it will never be like this again. Just like the theory states: when an aerosol disperses into the air, it will never again come together in the same amount or content...or something like that. Well, before I quit being thoroughly typical, I just want to say that I regret that we didn't stay better friends. Stuff happens. Well, have fun with life and stuff.

8:33 PM  
Blogger skye britni said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:31 PM  
Blogger skye britni said...

So to start off... Congratulations on making it through this year. I'm really proud of you! :)

Secondly, Although apparently we didn't seem to have the closest friendship ever, I'm really going to miss having you around next year. Whether you realize it or not, you have impacted my life greatly, and I just want you to know you really are one amazing person, on the inside and out, and I hope you never forget that.

Thirdly, who said the Canadians were dirty? I didn't recognize that either... Weird.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Rawley said...

You are kinda dirty Dakora but not in a "i live outta my car" kinda dirty just kind of "I don't like showering but that's alright" kinda dirty.

I really liked Fairyboy. As a person he seemed neat, I agree with his vocals =/
I wanted to sit down and talk to his dirty self.
People around here need to start saying "aboot" and make me feel at home XD

that's all

7:30 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yeah, my invite was at my house after school on Friday. Have you gotten yours?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Yeah, but I'm sure you'll meet a bunch of cool people in Chicago.

Just try not to get mugged or shot in the process.

As for the Meeks show... nevermind.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Well, it's a lot like Chicago.. just bigger and a bit more dirty.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yeah, looks like you're playing alone tomorrow. There was some sort of mix up and I don't have to play for the procession anymore. Whatever, have fun.......don't forget the country accent....that'll be funny. bye

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to comment on all of the high points:
1)The Meeks show was pretty good. I really really liked Dylan Taylor. A lot. I was hoping you were going to post videos of him, and I checked your youtube account, but I read the thing about the video camera mishap, so...gay. You should somehow get me some of his stuff. I want to hear him again. And yeah, Fairyboy...Good music, not so great vocals. And Bradley & Friends were just too nervous...and other stuff. =/ ha.
2) Graduating is sad. Well...I haven't personally experienced it but ya know. My sister is graduating and I feel really weird about the whole idea. And yeah, we weren't exactly BFFS, YO or anything but I really do like you a great deal as a person and I wish the best for you. You should definitely come home to visit and teach Bri and I how to keep music in Blairsville thriving cause...that'd be good. :]
Wow, this is long. But yeah, Congrats on Graduation. 'Sucks I can't be there...
Yep. See ya. :D

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home