Monday, March 24, 2008

When It Comes Down To It, I Am Filled With Hope...

...when I look around at all these faces, eyes are filled with love.
Even though it may be false, it still brings me joy...

--Eric Ayotte

Well, it's been a week since my last post, and I'm bored, so here ya go.

Nothing has happened.

A friend of mine from Florida is coming up towards the end of this week, and I'm super psyched to hang out with her. However, Bethany is moving, I think, this week, and I'm super bummed about that. Yargh.

I don't have any shows planned until April 30th. Krieger: Prom is on the 19th, I think. Would April 25th or 26th work for a Key Club fundraiser show? Well, if we can wind up using the Family Life Center, that is? This one would probably be much, much better than the last one.

So, Crafty Records is pretty much awesome. What is Crafty Records, you ask? Crafty Records is a NYC based record label. Some folks from Crafty have stayed here twice and are always super nice and courteous. They released a CD called "Thanks for the Floor" that they're giving away to people who house them for a night, and I got one! It came in super cool darkwood packaging. Really thoughtful! Crafty is one of the most original, "crafty," if you will, labels out there today. They're also working on something called the "1,000 Letters Project." Basically, the writing of physical letters is dying, and they're trying to save it. They're getting 500 letters and packaging them with CDs. If you buy a CD you have to write back to the person whose letter you got, starting a kind of penpal thing. It's really neat. Anyway, I'll shut up about Crafty Records now. I know you don't care.

Four releases coming out by mid-next month! Woohoo! Two will be basically free! More / cooler buttons coming soon! Our new stickers will be printed on the 31st! Shirts are...delayed. Again. I need transparency paper! I like exclamation points!

I need to go to the Post Office. I hate going to the Post Office. Oh well.

Kylewilliam and I are buying all the remaining copies of his album "Tomorrow, We Start New" from Valiant Death Records soon. Anyone want a copy? $2 - 3. I'm also buying most of The Alcoholic Freshman's "Sick of Depending On People." Gimme like a dollar and it's yours. Or I might just give you one. Probably that. I like giving people things. Oh, and hey, does anyone who reads this draw decently? Or crappily? I don't care. I need to make a "Bonfire Club Records" logo. I don't care what you draw. Just make it fairly large so I can scale it down later. And you can just put "BFC" in really big letters somewhere. I would totally give whoever does that a big smooch. Or not. Probably not. But hey, it's worth a shot, no?

The chord organ I ordered like a month ago still hasn't arrived. The guy I ordered it from's dad is a UPS driver. This doesn't make sense to me. Good news, however, my ukulele will be here tomorrow!

Oh, and that reminds me. Some awesome label from Canada asked to release a CD by me the other day. Now I just need to write songs I like...

If You Make It is pretty much the greatest thing on the internet. Go to it, love it, revisit it every 5 minutes. For real. The stuff in the "Series" section is hilarious, and I like pretty much every band / musician that they post. Woo!
http://www.ifyoumakeit.com

So, I'm gonna be in Chicago pretty much all Spring Break. And will be going to a couple balla' shows. Anyone want anything? Postcards? CDs? Hugs? Snow? Hot Dogs? Phone calls? Ankhs? Anything? Lemme know and I'll do my best to hook it up!

My blog sucks. Why did you just read all of this crap?

3 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

I love your blogs. When you're depressed, they make me happy because I know someone feels worse than I do at that moment (ha), and when you're happy, it makes me happy you're feeling better. Yep.

I want a Chicago postcard; something random, please. I'll also be wanting one of those t-shirts you're gonna be getting. How much? And as for the show, April 25th-ish sounds good. I'll have to get w/ Jonathan at Antioch about the FLC--let ya know something soon!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ashley Kathryn said...

I agree.
I like reading your blogs.
A weekly update in the life of Kadota.

But yes in response to your comment to my blog, yargh is right.

I was pretty stressed that day, and writing that helped.

And the 26th, I will be in ATL so if you have the Key Club show that day I will not be there.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That was a waste of time! :P

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home