Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Not What You Remember...

...It’s not what you can count on just one hand,
It’s not how you can fly the flag of definitive action,
Or play the link in a chain reaction,
“I clocked you going 40 in a 30 mile zone.”
“Officer, I’m sorry I’m so far away from home.”

It’s every inclination,
It’s every time you wanna stop and turn around.
It’s just how you can dive head first in a pool of water
Without even giving just a single thought to
The monsters that lie waiting at the bottom of the pool,
Like a child at the bus stop on his first day of school.

It’s how we say “Let me out of here!”
But we don’t have the foggiest idea of what it means
To be left cold and slowly dying.
And the freezing man that I met tonight,
Well he grabbed my wrist and he held it tight,
He said “Soon you’ll sing your freedom song,
But come along into the alley first.
You look so young and I’m dying of thirst.”

Sometime we’re bound to lose for our pretense and misdirection.
But if the whole world does come crashing down
Who’ll bend their knees and kiss the ground with me?"

--The Max Levine Ensemble

So, this year has surprisingly started out fairly well. If things keep going this way (heh, right), it'll be a waaaaay better year than last year. I mean, last year wasn't awful, but it wasn't awesome either. It was either extremely awesome or extremely terrible at any given point.

So anyway, here's some awesome stuff that I know is gonna happen this year. Unless I die in a car wreck or something? But even in that case, most of it will still probably happen.

-- RECORD LABEL! As of this second, I already have 11 releases lined up to come out on Bonfire Club Records, including 2 7" records and possibly a book! I'm also in the process of making shirts (waiting on the design), buttons, and new stickers. As always, things will be sold at cost. Unless I decide to change this. Which I might. Because sales are slow. If I do change it, it won't be by much (shirts from like $4 to $5-6, CD-rs from $1 to $2-3, CDs from $2 to $4-5, 7" from $2 to $3, but as always, stickers are free, and buttons will be free with purchase). Sorry for ripping you off if I change them. And even if I do change them, I'll probably still give you the at-cost price. The mark ups are only really for online orders and people I don't know. Cause I'm a jerk.

-- SHOWS! Lots of cool shows coming up, and one amazing one that already passed. Here's some upcoming stuff: foreverdown, We Are Only Fiction, Joshua Fletcher & the Six-Shot Romance, The K-Macks Endeavor, Ghost Mice, Adam Tanksley, HighFlightSociety, imadethismistake (fullband!), Social Medicine, Jon Crocker, Matt K, I Am Only Your Side Effect...How much more awesome does it get? One thing about shows, though...People in Hayesville are much cooler than people in Blairsville when it comes to them. At least as of late. Hayesville is why I still do shows. Blairsville kids: I'm begging you to show me otherwise.


-- NEW MUSIC! Awesome bands releasing new albums. The first one that comes to mind? Anathallo. Sweet Lord, that album will be amazing.

-- COLLEGE! / MOVING OUT! I am ready to get away from you people.
















...really.

-- MEETING NEW PEOPLE! This goes with getting away from you. And pretty much everyone else I know. And I still probably won't meet too many people I like.

-- JOINING / STARTING A NEW BAND! If I do indeed wind up going to Berry, a friend has already asked me to be in his band, which is cool because he recently toured the US with a fairly large band (aka, a they-had-a-video-on-MTV2 band). Woohoo.

-- CALMING DOWN? / RELAXING? Doesn't happen too often as is, and the new year probably won't fix this, but we can hope, right? Anytime you see me, I am probably stressed out over something. I'm weirded out right now as I type this. Weirded out about what? I have no idea. I just am. And pretty much always am. If you see me in the hall, in class, falling down the stairs, I probably have other things on my mind. I'm also not as happy and social as everyone seems to think I am. I really don't like talking much at all. Especially not to random people. And if I'm smiling, it's probably fake. Yargh.

-- GETTING MY CAR BACK FROM RANDY "RETARD" ZIMMERMAN! Oh wait. This is never gonna happen.

-- FINISHING THIS POST BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF TYPING AND IT'S ALMOST TWO IN THE MORNING! Word.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the book is me, right o? that makes me wanna finish, like tonight.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I love the optimism in the "I am ready to get away from you people" statement.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home