Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Am Lost In the Crowd. I'm Standing In Line, I'm Feeling So Down...

I'm not feeling too well tonight so please excuse any typographical / grammatical errors in this.

So, Friday night was basically the worst night ever. Check it yo:
Right after school, I head off, with my car filled with PA system, to Mountain High Skate Park in Hayesville, NC to help Nichole Brown with her senior project, a show. Well, I'm the first person there, so I go ahead and set the PA and everything up and just kinda stand around for a bit. The first band shows up and the singer is either retarded, drunk, or both. He will not shut up. Soon after, another band shows up, Cornerstone. Cliche name, cliche music, decent guys. Within 30 minutes, A bunch of people have shown up, and I only know two of them. Finally, an hour later, the show begins. All of the bands are dreadful, tons of people are drunk and / or high, there is mass confusion among bands about, well, everything, and I only talked to two people the whole time. The rest of the time I laid down on top of a vert ramp. After the show was over everyone just left without saying anything. It was weird. I felt like I was being used to the max. Normally I don't mind, but this was kind of over the top. This show felt like a job. But the sad thing is, I would've rather been doing my job at Cobb's Mill than dealing with all the crap and wasting what little is left of my ear drums at this show.

On a much better sidenote however, the Key Club benefit show will be amazing.

Saturday was weird too:

Flashback to Wednesday. I'm working on Physics at Cobb's Mill with everyone else in the class. Joan asks me if I can work on Saturday. I say yes, thinking that the parade is in the morning because that is what I was originally told. Come Friday, I find out that the parade is at 4, right when I'm on the schedule to work. Well, I get up to town around 4 and have to sit through the parade in a parking lot, finally getting to work at 4:30. The first thing that's said to me is, "Hey, we looked for you in the parade." Yargh. Even though I hate parades, it was weird not being in this one and knowing that Dave and Joan were expecting me to be late because of it just makes it worse.

Oh, another thing that made Saturday weird / not fun: FedEx "Priority Overnight" shipping. You would think with a name like that the stuff I ordered would get here, y'know, overnight. Wrong. Shipped: December 1, Arrives: December 4th. Next day? Only if you're bad with numbers.


Sunday:

I woke up happy because this was supposed to be the last Sunday that Cobb's Mill was opened. Well, things changed. Magical, eh? Krieger's house after work was fun, though. Driving to Young Harris after that to write 3 sentences, however, was not. And now I'm home. With a headache. And it just started raining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home