Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm Just Waiting for You to Shine, Like Carolina Sunrise, Something Deep Behind Your Eyes...

Alright, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats for a report of my break, so here it is.

Tuesday -- Get up at 3AM and ride to Chicago. I didn't sleep any, just read when it got light enough. Sorry if I don't remember a ton of The Awakening, as that's when I finished it up. The whole drive took something like 10 hours? We passed through Tennessee, Kentucky, which was pretty much beautiful, Indiana (where we got lost in the ghetto; ask me about it if you care), and obviously, Illinois.

Wednesday -- Sit around the house. Do Thanksgiving dinner whatever with mi madre. Go to the library. Sleep. Oh, and my dog of over 16 years died. I don't really remember life without her, but she was close to 18; it was just her time to go, I suppose.

Thursday -- Up at 4:45 to get downtown and meet the rest of the band at the hotel. Sat around in the room for about an hour then went and marched the parade in the snow. Exciting? Not really. Came back for a couple hours then went back home. My mom didn't make it to the parade because the conductor of the train just passed by her.

Friday -- Wake up at 4 and ride back home. Slept about 30 minutes, read when I felt like it. Got back around 2 and went and hung out with everyone awesome. Which was awesome. Johnny, Bethany, Mark, Trey, Clay. Hadn't seen any of them in forever. We had a campfire, the first one in over 6 months. Fantastic? Yes.

Saturday -- Hung out with the same people as above, but add Adam and Kalisa to the list. Fun, fun, fun, fun.

Sunday -- Work. Everyone was asleep when I left, which was lame, but oh well. After work I did Thanksgiving stuff with my dad's side of the family. They waited 'til I got back to do their stuff, which was cool. After I ate I fell asleep on my grandmother's couch. When I woke up it was close to 9. I went home and read A Streetcar Named Desire. Oh, and I became the proud owner of a Macbook Pro. That's the most money I've ever spent on one single thing. Fun.

And that's about it. Pretty boring, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home