Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Looking Towards the Future, We Were Begging For the Past...

I have absolutely dreadful luck sometimes.

It's Sunday, right? I've just gotten off work and am on my way to Hayesville for my grandfather's 70th birthday thingy. Well, I get to about the Ingles sign (in Blairsville) and all the tread on my driver side front tire just uhhh...peels off. Luckily, I was able to pull into the Westgate parking lot and fix it (and by fix it, I mean change the tire), but still...It sucked. I wound up cutting my hand on the metal shards sticking out of my stupid tire AND not going to Hayesville. Lame? I think so. For this, I completely and totally blame Randy Zimmerman. He's been "ready to paint" my car for, hmmm...let's see...over a month. Basically, my normal car has been in his shop since the week after school started. All he was gonna do was replace a part and paint it. Normally a 2 or 3 day job? Not for this guy. But I digress.

I have absolutely awesome luck sometimes.

It's Monday morning, and I am in a group with Katie Wesche, Ed Drake, and Josh Loftis in Physics. We're trying to roll a ball down a ramp, across a table, and finally into a cup on the floor. We're supposed to do a bunch of math for it, but we didn't get done with it in time so I just pointed to a random spot on the floor and said to put the cup there. Well, we did, and when we rolled our ball down the ramp, it went right across the table and...you guessed it...right into the cup. We were the only group to get it in. Wooo.

Things are still weird, but not as bad as they have been. Since I'm bored, here are some song lyrics. Maybe you can relate to them, maybe not? I dunno. I've already posted a lot of these, but oh well. Sometimes I remember periods of my life with what music I listened to at the time. It's just like some people saying, "the smell of burning leaves reminds me of my grandfather. He would always rake all of the leaves into a pile and burn them on cold Saturdays in October" or whatever. Maybe no one really says that and I'm just weird. Whatever. Here are song lyrics. Read them if you feel like it. I don't know how many there are gonna be by the time I'm finished so sorry if there's like a million.

"Everywhere I go, everyone I know comes with. Wonder how many more I can fit inside this crowded, crazy heart...Just don't let it be the last time you come into my life. Don't let it be the last time you come into my heart."
--Paul Baribeau, "Last Time"

"I can't help but feel like I failed, I know I failed you all."
-- The Alcoholic Freshman, "Letters to Home"

"There's a monster, and it lives inside my chest."
-- Patrick Cadaver, "Monsters"

"I'm getting my last wisdom tooth in now. Maybe this'll be the one that works?"
-- Wildebeest, "Wisdom Tooth"

"My brain's repeating, 'If you've got an impulse, let it out,' but they never make it past my mouth."
--Death Cab for Cutie, "Sound of Settling"



Ok, I'm done. Adios.

3 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Believe me Dakota, I totally concur with blaming ZImmerman for the car thing. My dad's 69 Mustang has been sitting at his shop FOR TWO YEARS NOW waiting to be painted. Probably a job that would normally take a week. TWO years! Such irony...

3:31 PM  
Blogger kendra? said...

oh the madness!!! ahhh!!! terribly sorry about your car =( i need to get the scratch on the side of mine fixed too.. its been 3 months now? not sure.. oh well anywho sorry about car woo hoo on the cup and love the wisdom tooth lyrics they made me giggle

9:30 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

thanks for the advice about the water but, unfortunately, warm water and my throat have not had a good relationship. it's only ice-water and small sips of flavored water for me. sometimes i think my throat is the weirdest thing in the world because i can't drink a lot of water, milk, or juice. it gets annoying when i actually want to drink something besides sugary soft drinks.
oh, and sorry about your car...i have a car...only my older brother is going to steal it away from me...

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home