Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Need Recourse For the Course I'm Taking...

Well, the show today went pretty terribly. I'm not surprised though. Things were actually looking good at one point -- Ed said he was bringing several people and so did Kane from Suches. Well, no such luck. It was me, Stephanie, Pierce, Skye, and Ellie. Dustin showed up about an hour late and we kinda had to rush. Dustin played and was really good. I wound up buying 20 bucks worth of stuff from him even though I already had half of it because I felt bad. There's video of part of the show here, ignore the terrible singing along: http://youtube.com/profile?user=DakotaFloyd

I've been blessed with the gift of good music in the past two days. Yesterday Wilson sent me a copy of "The Lonely City," which is amazing. Today, I received my Hop Along, Queen Anslesis album which is also fantastic. I also bought 2 new Dustin and the Furniture albums today and they're quite pleasant as well. So much to listen to, so little time! I love it all.

I'm playing a show tomorrow. Not solo though. It's me, Johnathan Roach, and like a million other people playing praise and worship songs at House of Prayer church to kick of their youth group starting back again. The songs are boring, but it's something to do and they asked if I'd help so I didn't wanna let them down.

The next actual show is Monday, the 27th. Real Live Tigers and Sam King are playing at my house. It should be fun. Hopefully it'll turn out better than today's show did.

For the first time in almost two years, I don't have any shows booked after Monday. I've been trying to get Paul Baribeau and Defiance, Ohio to come play, because they're passing right through here, but it looks like they're going to be doing just that -- passing through. Not like anyone would come to their shows anyway.

School has been going alright. AP Language is my favorite class so far. Physics is getting confusing now, making me wish I had taken Advanced Algebra / Trig last year. Yargh. Oh well. Can't change that now.

Anyway, it's almost 1AM and I have school tomorrow. I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Yipee for AP Language! Ya'll are awesome. Here's to more cursing, laughing at random stuff no one else would find funny b/c they're not smart enough to get it--oh, and of course, more soccer and virginity knocks against Richard.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home