Sunday, May 27, 2007

Right Now All You Have Is Time, Time, Time, But Someday That Time Will Run Out...

...That's the only thing you can be absolutely certain about..."
--Paul Baribeau

So much is going through my mind right now. Everything I've tried to do lately has failed or gone horribly awry: No tour, no definite spot for the show Friday yet, John and Trey are moving tomorrow, I'm a senior and it feels weird, I'm a senior and it feels weird, I'm a senior and it feels weird, I really don't think I'm gonna get drum major (and even if I do it's gonna be awkward...details further down), I think I might end up with a B in Chemistry.

So yea...I'm pretty positive there's no tour for me which sucks, as it was going to be my summer, but whatever. I just need to focus on finding a spot for Friday's show before anything else. Also, I'm hoping attendance will be ok...The past few shows have been total busts...

Johnny and Trey are moving tomorrow. I'm gonna try to go visit them this summer, but it's just gonna be so weird not having them around. They were the people I hung out with most and like that, they're gone. Graduation was pretty sad too, although I did get to see Beth for a few minutes though.

It's so weird being a senior. Time has absolutely flown by. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. College is looming in the distance. What am I going to do? Leslie already told me I'm going to have to play something at graduation, but I don't know what yet. If I have to sing I think I'll just break down and cry right in the middle of whatever it is I'm singing.

Drum major. I really don't think I'm gonna get it, which doesn't surprise me. Mr. Rittenhouse did the tryouts a bit differently this year though. Our audition was in front of the whole band and they got to vote on who they wanted, although Rittenhouse got the final say. I think I got quite a few votes (a majority even), but right after we tried out Mr. Rittenhouse called the section leaders into his office and said "Between Andrea and Eric [two other people trying out], who do you think should get it?" A few people objected to just those two and said I should get it, but their opinions were dismissed. Even if I happen to get it by popular vote it's just not gonna be the same, as Mr. Rittenhouse didn't even consider me to be good enough to be in the running. Whatever I guess. The more deserving person should get it, yes, but it's just kinda disappointing to be totally counted out like that.

As for Chemistry, my final grade was an 88.somethingabove6. I'm hoping he'll bump it up to an A, as my lowest grade beside it is a 97.17 in Honors Lit. If not, so be it...Can't change it now.

But anyway, yea...This past week has been pretty terrible for me. I'm hoping things will shape up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home