Monday, April 30, 2007

I'll Always Try To Get Back To You...

Well, this weekend was surprisingly pretty fun. Some people were ridiculously annoying, but we joked about them all weekend and it was quite nice. Here's a quick recap:

Friday morning I arrive at school around 7. The bus driver was about 45 minutes late, leading us to having a delayed start. Thankfully, nearly everyone sleeps most of the way down there. About 4 1/2 hours later, we arrive at the VA hospital in Dublin to play for the wounded veterans. It was pretty touching when we played all of the military songs -- Whenever one group's song came up they stood and cheered as best they could. Once that was over we went to eat and then to the hotel.

The hotel was where the majority of the fun stuff happened, mainly because we weren't with a large group of idiots. It was me, Jason Reid, Nate Saunders, and Peter Dohogne in the room.

After this stop at the hotel we went to River Street in downtown Savannah where we were set to see the ghost tour. It was pretty terrible.

Back to the hotel. Sleep. Wake up. Go on the dolphin tour. This was pretty boring. I had seen dolphins before so it wasn't a huge deal to me. After this we went back to the hotel, yet again, and then we were off to the Tybee Island's beach...for 4 hours. I didn't swim, but I still managed to get a slight sunburn which isn't fun. Back to the hotel...Again.

This morning: Wake up around 8:30, pack up our stuff, get on the bus, grab lunch, go to the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame was fun. They had a music making area with a guitar and (crappy) drumset. I played guitar nearly the whole time. Every time I went to stop, someone would ask me to play them something. I hate it when people ask me that...I never know what to play.

And now I'm back here. Slightly sunburned and needing to get started on Chemistry homework. I have quite a large amount. Yargh. 4 weeks of school left. I'm excited, and ready to get out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home