Friday, March 30, 2007

So Let's Give Up While We're Behind...I Know We're Losing, I Don't Mind...I'm Just Too Tired To Care At All...

I finally have a confirmed venue for the April 20th show, and oh man is the show gonna be awesome. Well...Hopefully. The bands playing are Taking Lottie Home, 1994, We Are Only Fiction, In the Long Run, and Mr. Microphone + A Piano for Penelope and it's at Black and Gold. Starts at 5:30. I'm excited. I hafta get 70 bucks to 1994 though, because they're almost out of merch and won't be able to make gas money unless I get that much to them. Hooray for donations...Assuming people will make decent ones. Also, I should know within a few days after that whether or not I can go on tour with Taking Lottie Home in June. Whee.

And that reminds me. There is a show TOMORROW (Friday, the 30th) at Meeks Park at 5PM. It's really last minute. Mandarin Dynasty is playing. Hopefully a few people will show up.

The show Saturday went decently. About 20 people were there. 10 or so less than I was expecting. But oh well. It was still fun and everyone made enough gas money and whatnot. Jon actually did quite well with merch. After the show, we all went out to Mexican and Cory payed for Kyle and Jon's dinner. Then we went back to Trey's and hung out for a bit. Kyle wound up going home the next morning (and got in a car wreck on his way home...He's ok though), but Jon wound up staying Sunday night too. Oh, and Stephanie took some promo pictures for Jon. They're pretty funny. They're up on his MySpace.

So I won a mixtape contest like last week right? I check my mail today and I have a bunch of CD's and DVD's from the people who did the contest. Yay. I love free stuff. Unfortunately, most of it sucks. Oh well. It was free and I exposed the people running the contest to some great bands that hopefully they'll take some interest in (it was a major label marketing company).

I'm finally getting the Lew Lewis double discs that I helped Bucky put out next week. Or so he says. I've been waiting on those things since November. They're 2 discs, with artwork, and will cost like 2 bucks each. Not a bad deal, even if it does kinda suck. Also, I still have a bunch of the stuff that I'm distro-ing for Valiant Death (including a restock on imadethismistake stuff -- 1 vinyl, 4 CD's). It's all cheap ($3 - 5 sliding scale) so it's not like you're out a lot if you buy something and you don't like it. Heck, I'd actually probably buy it back from you if you weren't completely satisfied with whatever you got.

Graduation tests were this week and they were all quite simple. Huzzah. Maybe I passed them all?

I have one of 3 A's in Honors Lit. I think that's kinda neat. My writing is genuinely getting better. I know I'm probably never gonna use any of that stuff in "real life," but oh well. I'm pretty sure I have one of the very few A's in Chemistry now too.

Spring Break starts in a week. I'm ready.

I'm getting fat. I need to lose some weight. Yargh.

I'm hoping that Kalisa and I are still going down to Under the Couch Saturday. I asked her about it over a month ago and she said it was fine, but yesterday she said she didn't know. Josh and Adam really want me to go too. :/ Hopefully I can find a way if Kalisa can't drive.

I wish people would leave me alone about Prom. I don't wanna go, so I'm not going. And besides, going by yourself is no fun. Even if I did have a date, I seriously doubt I would want to go at all either. I don't even think I'm going next year. If I do it'll just be for like 3 seconds just to say I went.

Well...I'm at a lack for words. I guess I best finish my Chemistry homework. I only have a couple things left that I didn't finish in class. Ta-ta for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home