Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm At the Bottom of the Ocean...I'm In the Stomach of A Whale...

I got two surprises Friday night. One pleasant, one not so much.

The pleasant first. There were a ton of people at the show. Lots of new faces, which is great. Maybe they'll come to shows in the future. I guess a month of promoting payed off.

The not-so-pleasant? We ended up getting kicked out about 1 1/2 hour before the show would've normally been over. Why, you may ask? Rollie booked the wrong date. foreverdown ended up playing 4 songs, Josh Fletcher played 2 (and wasted 15 minutes tuning), and Taking Lottie Home only got to play one. As they went into their second and final song, the guy in charge of the Student Center grabbed the mic, said the show was over, and made everyone leave. I felt (and still feel) awful, not only for the bands, but for the people that came to watch. Some folks drove for over an hour to see Taking Lottie Home and ended up getting only one song.

Some good came out of it though. I can now book the Student Center directly instead of having to go through Rollie, which is great. I pretty much have a venue at my disposal now.

After the show, Taking Lottie Home went back to Trey's house to stay that night. We shared lots of great stories. I got to know them all a lot better. Really cool guys. We're all gonna hang out in Habersham sometime soon.

Oh, and to make up for the short show, I've got something really awesome in the works on Friday, April 20th. foreverdown(?), Taking Lottie Home, We Are Only Fiction(?), and In the Long Run. YHC. Booked by me. On the right date.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Too bad Rollie was off on the dates because it could have been a really good show, but the april 20th one should be a good turnout as well, as long as that's not the weekend of spring break, which I don't think it is but who knows.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home