Thursday, December 28, 2006

What’s the Story Baby Haven’t You Heard? I Got Love Back Home But You Don’t Wanna Hear That, Do You? You Don’t Wanna Hear That, Do You?

My mom has been asking questions non-stop. It is quite annoying.

Show is tonight. I'm really looknig forward to it.

As promised, here is page 1 of that jorunal thingy I've been keeping.



Christmas Day, 5:25PM EST

It's 5:25 PM and I am sitting in the airport, 2 hours early, waiting to board. Flight 619. Seat 25A. Service to Chicago Midway Airport. There is a football game playing in the background (Eagles vs. Cowboys, 7-0 Eagles, first quarter) harmonized by the occasional squeal of an infant. Nothing is really happening right now...The lady speaks over the intercom, her booming voice yelling that the gates are closing and will not reopen. The baby has stopped crying, and I can hear the slight tinkling of Christmas music intermingling with various conversations happening in a nearby cafe. Nothing out of the ordinary. I am one of only 6 people in the waiting area. Exciting, huh?

There is a woman in blue jeans and a dark red sweater. She is waving out the window and looks as if she is about to cry. I watch for a moment, but suddenly 3 more people show up and sit in front of me. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Get up. Leave. Good.

A woman is walking towards the waiting area for Gate 4. While on her way, she drops a Christmas bag and all of its contents spill. I feel bad about the woman's misfortune and I want to get up and help, but she has a stern face. I stay seated. As soon as everything has been collected, she stands up and walks back in the opposite directions. She's totally out of sight now.

I glance back up and the woman in the red sweater begins to wave again. She give the "I Love You" hand sign and stares. She stares, following the airplane's backing motion with her eyes. Just staring. Staring. Staring out the window. Now at nothing. Staring. Staring.

Just staring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a neat journal you have. Isn't it strange to sit and watch people, doing all this stuff. And it's like they never think about the people around them that they don't know. What bands did you see in Chicago.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home