Sunday, December 10, 2006

Morning Sunlight, You're Never Quite As Fair In the Bright Lights of the City...If I Had A Good Mind, It'd Say Don't Get Used To Havin' You Around...

My weekend has been pretty fun so far. Friday night was great.

In case you didn't know, on Friday night I went down to Under the Couch with Kalisa and Josh to see foreverdown, Taking Lottie Home, and Josh Fletcher & the Six-Shot Romance. Let me be the first to say, fullband foreverdown is quite awesome. Taking Lottie Home did really, really well too. Josh Fletcher's set though...I dunno...Usually I like his sets...This one just kinda bored me. Anyway, yea, it was fun because I just talked to Taking Lottie Home and Josh Fletcher's band basically the whole time. They seemed genuinely happy to see me, which I thought was quite cool. I'm definitely ready for the February 2nd show. That's also the date I'm aiming to have "The Blairsville Sessions" out by. CD Release Party, perhaps?

Today, I mainly just sat around. It wasn't too bad. I got bored and wrote a new song, and worked on part of another...Here's the new one.

Cold days are here
And the changing leaves
Will change our hearts for good
Our path has been covered by the Fall
And by next Spring will be changed

This path is too far gone to even see at all
And as we sit watching our lives pass by
I can't help but wonder
Exactly what went wrong

Here's to teary-eyed goodbyes extended to you. And here's to the past few months we've been slipping through. Here's to late night drives and roads never to be taken again. Here's to the memories, and here...Here is to you.


Aaaand, that's it. Hopefully recording a rough version of it it soon. As for now, I'm out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice song, if you get it recorded soon could you sent it to my gmail? Oh and I'll be at the show tomorrow, I'll call you or Clay for directions

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home