Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm As Thin As the Wind In November, Just When It Starts To Blow Cold...

...So I'll raise my glass to remember. I'll make my empty toast. Here's to the future that came and went. Here's to the past the days well spent. Here's to the melodies and here's to the harmonies that will never show their faces again. And the chorus is never coming in...

Here's to the paths that we choose. Here's to the gambles the we win and we lose. Here's to the decisions that we make. Here's to the hearts we awaken just to break. Here's to the all the things we've left undone. And the chorus is never coming in...

Here's to all the unfinished songs. Here's to all those days. Won't you help me say "goodbye?" Won't you help be say "goodnight?" Won't you help me say "so long?" Won't you help me finish my song?"

--Ghost Mice


Wow, today has been insane. I've gotten emails from 6 bands / people wanting to play here, and four of them had others coming too. I hate to say it, but I'm not gonna be able to help them all out...The dates they need are entirely too close to each other or a show that I already have planned. The only two that I am for sure doing are redbear. / Super Famicom in April and Mandarin Dynasty / Adam Lipman in March...I might be able to squeeze In the Long Run into the January 8th show too...I'm not sure, though. The others need either December or January dates and those months are already crazy enough as is. I just gave them a ton of Georgia contacts to try.

While on the subject of shows, it appears that one of the upcoming ones is falling through, and that really sucks. Alex told me a few months ago to give him the dates I needed booked at Black and Gold and he would book 'em all...So I did. Turns out he forgot to book the December 19th Inertia / Mount Awesome show. He's been trying to get up with the booking lady, but has had no luck so far. It's not very fun. I really hate having to depend on other people do get these things done. HOWEVER, there is hope! I was talking to Justin Wight, and he was telling me that they're going to propose a youth center (much like Black and Gold) in Blairsville this Spring and he wants me to help with stuff, maybe even be a spokesperson. See, they actually already had it proposed, had the land, had a building, had half a million dollars, grants, and all sorts of other stuff, but Llamar Paris decided to shoot the idea down and put in more softball fields at Meeks Park. Honestly...Why would they need more softball fields? All of them don't even get used. Anyway, yea...Keep your fingers crossed, because by mid-next year, Blairsville might have a venue. And maybe by that time, I'll have sold enough copies of "The Blairsville Sessions" to have a PA at my disposal. Let's just hope. That would mean selling nearly 250 of them. And that's for a mediocre PA.

Again, while on the subject of shows and venues and the like, I'm going down to Under the Couch on Friday, December 8th to see Taking Lottie Home, Josh Fletcher & the Six-Shot Romance, and (fullband) foreverdown. It should be a really good show...Afterall, it is some of my favorite bands playing in probably my favorite venue ever.

Anyway, yea...I think I'm done. Goodbye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's pretty cool bands are coming to you now. And if the venue thing works out than everything would work much more smoothly. It's kind of retarded that all the government money is going to softball fields and skateparks, and there is no place here for the younger crowd to hang out without having to pay outrageous fees for places like The Civic Center...

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'll probably come, hopefully it won't be snowing or anything. And you have every right to be proud of being drug free, I respect you for it.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm sorry for missing the show, but I had a ton of stuff to do afterwork, like wash the dog which took forever. How did the show go?

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home