Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Getting My Last Wisdom Tooth In Now...Maybe This'll Be the One That Works?

Things that have happened since my last post:

Coach Hussion backed into my car...The damage isn't bad, but the way my car's made, it looks like the whole back panel might need to be replaced, then the whole car be painted. I feel bad for him having to pay for it because it was a total accident.

I think I managed to acquire some illness at the football game...My throat has been killing me since then.

The shows were kinda not good. I had fun, but I don't think the people playing did, and that's what really matters to me. First show: Very low attendance (which was expected), I think Jon was more comfortable playing this venue. He likes smaller shows anyway. Black and Gold: The local people (Rollie, Alex, and Danny) did their typical set that everyone automatically loved...Everyone was talking while Jon was playing and that seemed to kinda irk him a little bit so he didn't play too long...I feel bad about it. Bunches of people dug "Wildebeest" and that makes me happy...The girl in that band is so friendly. For Josh Fletcher's set, me and Johnny hardcore danced, I crowd surfed and bruised my hand really bad by playing tambourine so hard, and Kalisa had a blast with her bubblegun. It was a lot of fun, but I dunno...Everyone sounded great, and the people who actually did care seemed to be having a blast, but there were too many people that just making it a social event, y'know? Oh, and I have copies of Jon Crocker's sets if anyone wants 'em.

After the show (and into the next day) we just hung out with Jon Crocker. It was actually pretty fun. He let us hear all sorts of stuff he'd done with old bands, and he wrote a new song in Trey's room. It was kinda sad when he left, but he said he'd be back next Spring...and whenever that is, I'm getting him a much better show.

Speaking of shows, I may have found a venue for future acoustic shows 'til it warms up enough to start having them at Meeks Park again -- Blairsville Bikes & Boards...Or whatever it's called. They're not right on the Murphy Highway and really easy to find, and Christian said that the owner would probably be down for it. I really hope so.

I feel horrible today. My throat is sore, my mouth and face are dry, and everyone seems to be getting on my nerves, save a few people. I hate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home