Wednesday, November 01, 2006

After Everyone's Gone, I Plug My Guitar In...But I Can't Think of A Song, So I Just Smash On It...

Oh what a day, what a day.

Got to school 45 minutes late due to road construction, then left 30 minutes later to go read to kids. We got done with that and still had like 3 hours to do whatever the heck we wanted. So, after eating lunch, Ben, Ed, Michael D, and myself went to Ed's house and recorded a new Ef'd EP. It's amazing. It reminds me a lot of Paul Baribeau. And that's awesome. I love Paul Baribeau.

At about 6:30, I met up with Will and Grady and we just kinda jammed for awhile, it was actually quite fun. Then we went to get something to eat and had lots of "important" discussions. It was fun.

And now, I'm here. Listening to "The Ef'd." I wanna actually play shows with The Ef'd...I think it'd be a lot of fun...


Yesterday's news:

Not much happened...I did write a new song though. I actually really like how it sounds a lot. It seems like every song I write, I like it better than the last, which is cool and shows that I'm progressing as a musician and finally finding a sound that I like (although all of my songs seem to sound different). Anyway, I'll probably end up changing something in the second verse, but here's what I've got as of now:

Truth be told
Keep this a whisper
Silence is golden
Let it go unperturbed
No, don't spill your guts to me
Save it...Save it for your maker
My work here is done...
It's done...You're done...

Distance has torn us apart
If seeing is believing
My eyes are wide...
Time is a hard foe to fight...
I'm growing weak...

And there's no end in sight.



That's all I've got so far. No title yet either. I have 11 songs ready to be recorded and 2 others in the works. Maybe I'll get around to recording / releasing a CD before the end of the year? Who knows. I'm excited, though. All I know is that whenever I do release something, it'll be donation only. The only thing that's costing me anything (excluding the recording material) is CD-r's. Which cost like a quarter each. Sure, that can add up, but think of how many more people will hear my music if it's all free.

Tomorrow: PROMOTE THE SHOWS ON THE 4TH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home