Monday, October 02, 2006

This Is Me Calling You Out...

Well...The show was fun...For the most part. Turnout was horrible. Well, it wasn't so much turnout, it was attention. Half of the people there were outside the whole time. I dunno what it is about it, but shows since the schoolyear started have been whack. I saw a bunch of new faces at last night though, so maybe that's a good sign? A bunch of the "regulars" weren't there though. Like 10 of them. :/

Anyway, The Mourning After were really good, but the new In the Shadow of Victory totalllllly took the cake. Their music is unlike anything I've EVER heard before, and as you may very well know, I listen to a lot of stuff. It goes from heavyheavyheavy to soft and mellow, and then back to heavy and is just all around amazing. I do believe they will definately go places. They're soooooo much better than the old ItSoV. Anyway, back to the show. Rollie and I were extremely pumped about this show...It was gonna be so much fun cause we had been practicing as a 3 piece and having a total blast and finally getting everything down after practicing 'til 3 in the morning. Well Tyler calls at about 8:45 and says he's in town and wants to play. Spiva tells him it's cool, and I'm fine with it, so he comes on in. Well, it's time for us to play and we play and suck more than usual. Neither Rollie nor myself had fun at all (except maybe during the fullband 90's Medley). The reason: Tyler. He didn't even help load his gear back up...He jsut talked the whoel time. Rollie and I discussed it after the show. So there is some slight tension, but I sense that only Rollie and I feel it. It's not really tension, more of just...aggrevated-ness. It was pretty much guaranteed that we were gonna have a ton of fun, then Tyler comes along and all he does is mess up and take up the space where me and Rollie could've been running around like idiots. Oh well. I shouldn't be complaining. I'm sure it was fun for him. The whole thing's not about me. I'm really selfish sometimes and I hate that.

After the show, Spiva was complaining about us playing after metal bands / last. "Yea...that thing about locals playing last or whatever...Not doing that again." He says that everyone hates metal, that's why they leave. Well, not many people were leaving during the metal bands...They were leaving while we were playing. So I say, "If they really hated metal so much, why didn't they leave while they were playing and come back for us, instead of vice versa?" Needless, to say, that shut him up a little bit. Who really cares how many people they're playing for anyway? I play because it's (usually) fun...It doesn't matter how many people are there. The most fun show I've played was for 5 people. I don't think he gets that these shows aren't for us. This show wasn't even planned to have us on it. They're for the bands coming through here that need shows. People here have seen us entirely too many times. I promised In the Shadow of Victory a show before October 1st about 3 months ago, and this was it. I just wish everyone could be happy for once.

Swazye's show = cancelled. Apparently there was a miscommunication somewhere down the line. I'm kind glad though. We'd be Tyler-less, and kinda winging it with the new drummer...

I wrote a bunch of piano stuff today. It's some of my best musical stuff yet. I really like it. Hopefully I can implement some of it into some songs...Maybe I should just try to take all my piano things and merge them into one big piano thingy? I think I'm too lazy for that, but wouldn't it be cool? Haha.

Well, the weekend is over...Hopefully this week will be better. Maybe I can get some show set up at YHC on October 12th or something? I think that'd about be the best time to try anything there...Maybe get In the Shadow of Victory and Chainstereo? Start it ASAP in the evening. That'd probably be around 7... Have it over by 8:30 at the latest...It could work. We'll see, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Is there a show october 10 and 12th?

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home