Friday, September 15, 2006

So Let's Keep Living, Let's Keep Hoping, And Let's Keep Breathing So That We Can Exist...Cause When You Don't Hope, You'll Die Alone...

...And we won't die alone."
--imadethismistake


Ugh. Josh is wanting to pay like 1,000bucks to record the Suite 11 junk (only like 5 songs :/), then a bunch more for pressing and all that. For one, there is no way we'll ever sell enough CD's to make that back. Why not? For one, our music isn't catchy or really even that great sounding...We don't mesh. All we're doing is making noise. Two: I'm the only person in the band that books shows for us. No one else does anything. They just say, "get us a shows and find us a drummer" (which I've done already). Without us having shows all over the place, our "fanbase" is never gonna grow, thus, having the same people at all of our shows, and pretty soon, everyone will get bored with us. I'm already bored with us. It's so ridiculous. We could record something that would sound just as good on a $500 8-track, and we could record more songs, whenever we felt like it. That's the way to go, but nope...No one ever takes my recording ideas seriously. Oh well. I guess that's what sucks about being the youngest by 2 years. I am gonna suggest this though: I'll pay for pressing costs (aka - release it on my label) if they pay for recording. I'll actually be getting a better deal out of that. So yay.

Jon Crocker and I might be playing in a haunted house in Suches in November. It's gonna be sweet. They say the place is seriously haunted, and that the owner's are offer $100 to anyone that spends the night in it. I told 'em I'd do it for free.

I'm still waiting for replies from Madeline and Hot New Mexicans about the show on the 14th. If they can't make it, I'm gonna try to get o'brother and maybe Ashlyn since everyone's been telling me to get them up here.

I really wish Chris would get back to me with some form of response about the In the Shadow of Victory show. Even if it's a no, I might have time to find another spot. Maybe Black and Gold? Who knows.

Trying to book these shows for Jon Crocker has really made me appreciate all the trouble that touring bands go through when trying to book shows. It's insane. People should donate to musicians just because of all the trouble it is to set a show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home