Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'll Take Anything You've Got, Cause That's So Much More Than I Have Now...

Well crap. The Max Levine Ensemble aren't gonna be able to make it down on the 14th. It turns out, that day is a Jewish holiday, and their drummer, being Jewish, is staying with his family that day. Kinda crappy, but they said they would try to come down really soon, so it's cool. What this means is, I'll have room for another band or two on that show. I'm thinking Madeline if I can get her. And if Hot New Mexicans can't play I'm gonna try to get o'brother.

It appears that I'm finally getting back into the swing of school. No, I don't mean getting used to it. My grades are finally getting back to where they usually are. I did horrible the first few weeks (In Spanish, I made an 80 on the first test. That's lower than ANY grade I made in there all of last year. I made a 99 on the one today, though...In Algebra II I've just been making stupid mistakes. Lots of them. I still somehow have an 'A' though). I'm by no means, however, delighted to be going to school.

My mom is coming down next week. That sucks. At least I don't hafta go up there, though.

There is a very small, but still visible, possibility that Paul Baribeau will be coming here in early October. I kinda doubt he will, but we'll see.

I should have "Little Glories" sent out for pressing sometime this week. I'm excited. I needta sell like 35 copies to make my money back though. Hopefully I can...They're only like 3 bucks each...And that's negotiable. :/ If I do sell enough in a reasonable amount of time, I'm gonna be buying a bunch of CD's from various labels and taking a stab at starting up a distro and hopefully getting some people into good new music. Labels I'm talking to already: Plan-It-X, Valiant Death, Friends and Relatives, Riot-Folk!, and Safe!!! Forever!!!.

I'm ready to record GMST's album. I got my recording equipment so I could do that, first priority, and they keep putting it off for no apparent reason. I mean, I'm doing them a huge favor. I'm not only recording and mixing this album, I'm playing piano and singing on it, AND putting it out at no cost to them. All I'm ask is for them to give me like $1.50 - $2 for every CD they sell (which they'll probably sell for like 10 bucks each...That means that they'll be making at least an 80% profit). I honestly don't think I'll make my money back on that release. I just wanna put it out because they're my friends and that's what friends with record labels should do.

Skye Butler is really weird. She asked me to send her one of my songs, so I did. She asked me to send another, so I did. Blahblah. I ended up sending her 3 full songs and 3 clips and I told her that the rest were even more horrible than the ones I had sent already and I wasn't gonna send them. So she kept telling me to send them, and I kept refusing, and then she said if I didn't send them, she would "say hey to [me] and then hug [me]." That kinda makes me wonder...Do I give off a vibe of, "Hey, don't talk to me." I mean, chances are, I probably don't wanna talk to you, but still...That's a pretty crappy vibe to be giving off, y'know? She didn't hug me, by the way. *Insert sigh-of-relief here*

I don't see how all these totally independent bands can do full US tours. It's really frustrating! I'm setting up 5 shows for Jon Crocker. I have 3, almost 4, done, but I've been working at getting the ones that I lack for like...2 weeks. It's so ridiculous. I did get him a slot playing on the radio though, which I think is pretty cool myself. I won't get to hear it, though...Stupid school. Maybe it'll be recorded? Who knows. I wanna release a live album by him.

Riot-Folk! puts out some great music. I just noticed that. And they give it all away for free / optional donation. I admire them for that. And because of that, I'm not gonna be a moocher! I'm actually ordering their CD's and paying their suggested donation. I think that's what I'm gonna do with my (personal) music, ie: This Is Lestat...Have it available at a sliding scale cost of $0 - 5. If someone tries to give me more than 5, I'll give them something extra.

Madeline is recording a brand new album in November. She already has one done that hasn't even been released yet (it's out on vinyl on 9/20!)...Oh well, I'm excited regardless. I've heard some songs from it and they're grrrrrreat. :) She also has another 7" coming out soon.

I had full intentions of going to bed before one in the morning tonight. Oh well. :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home