Sunday, September 10, 2006

Face Down...This is Where It Leads You...Too Far...

I wrote a song in math the other day, and I finally got around to getting the guitar stuff done on it. It's kinda interesting because it has a screaming breakdown at the end (I told you I wasn't lying about the "Grindcore" part of my genre on MySpace)...I like it. It doesn't have a title yet, and I'm thinking of saying screw it to naming all my songs after movie quotes. It was kinda cool at first, but I'm getting bored with it.


I never see you on this side of town [anymore]
And I don't think I will for awhile...
I miss your face and I hope your new friends
Treat you half as good as I did...
But I have one more question,
Please, I'm dying to know...
Why couldn't we have had just
one...last...


Dance like it's goin' out of style
If this isn't living please tell me what is
But if this is, let's just live forever
"You and me" is all we'd need


Your brilliant monologues were just a hoax...
You never meant a word you said in those notes...


Dance like it's goin' out of style
If this isn't living please tell me what is
But if this is, let's just live forever
"You and me" is all we'd need


Just dance...






That's it. I actually really like how this one sounds. No so much the lyrics, but the music and progression and stuff. Probably my favorite song of mine to date. I'm looking forward to playing it live.

That's all...I just figured I'd post it on here. I'm hoping to have a rough recording of it very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home