Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sometimes I Don't Wanna Make New Friends...Sometimes I Just Miss Those Old Friends...

...I'm seeing someone new now.
She calms my heart down.
But I'm too scared to tell her
How crazy I can get sometimes.

--Paul Baribeau


So apparently I have a solo show coming up. Rollie decided to set it up for me without asking and has already begun to promote it. Great. Oh well. I guess I'm gonna hafta start playing them eventually. Might as well start now. It's September 21st. I think that's a Thursday. 7PM.

"Little Glories," by imadethismistake is gonna be sent out for pressing nextweek. I hope it turns out well. And I hope I can at least halfway make my money back on this. I myself am gonna have 50 copies of it. It's either 2 or 3 bucks. Whichever you can afford.

There's an insane amount of shows coming up. I like the fact that more music is coming into Blairsville. I don't like the fact that attendance has been off like mad as of late. I don't have any good classes to promote in this year. I think they're kinda losing their lustre to some people too. :/

I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I'm planning on going to college to major in music, but what after that? I seriously doubt I'll go much of anywhere with my solo stuff, AAoMO and Suite 11 are going absolutely nowhere, I don't forsee my label going very far. I wanna open a coffeeshop / venue, but I don't know if I want that big of a commitment. I don't think I could handle it. You know...Sometimes I feel like Norman Cooper. And I don't mean that in an old, disgusting pedophile way either. I mean it like...I seem to be doing everything by myself and it always seems to come out mediocre at best. It sucks, but that's the way it is, and it feels like that's how it's always gonna be. Such is life, I guess.

I miss Sophomore year. This year has sucked. I can't recall even one day being even halfway enjoyable thus far. I mean, I'm doing fine in my classes and all, it's just the atmosphere of all of them. I hate it. I know I keep saying this...It's a re-occuring thought.

My grandma had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance yesterday morning. She has bad astmah and is a heavy smoker. Appartley, she woke up and couldn't breath. Now she has to be on oxygen for about 2 weeks. She's at home though and uses it at her own leisure.

My dad's birthday is tomorrow. Tomorrow also marks the one year anniversary of Sloppy Saturday, the first show I ever set up. It seems like so long ago...It's crazy. Looking back, I've changed a lot since then. I'm not the dumb kid I used to be. I may act the same, but I have a better grip of things going on in my life now. Actually, not really. I've been stressed out since this school year started. Argh.

Sometimes I wish I was 5 again. Not a care in the world and amazed by things that most people take for granted. The "simple" things. Like butterflies, blueberries, mudpuddles, and whatnot. Things that people generally ignore now, because they've got too much responsibility. Stop to take in the scenery every once in awhile. It'll be nice. I promise.

Sometimes I wish I was 21. Only not really. I never really think about me being older, really. The only times I wish I were older are when there's 21+ shows that I wanna go to or something. Or worrying about driving curfew.

Sometimes I wish I was good with words so I could better convery my thoughts than just typing up this crap. I'm sorry if you actually read all of this, as it has been an utter waste of your time. I'm sorry.




You're here for a reason...
Livin' and breathin'
And if you keep trying
Someday you'll find out why

And I love you,
I miss you,
Probably haven't seen you
In a long, long time

Don't let it be the last time
You come into my life
No, don't let it be the last time
You come into my life

Baby, all this rock-n-rollin'
Adds up to nothin'
But right now it's the only thing
That keeps me goin'

This road leads home
If I turn the car around
But for now I'm gonna
Keep on movin'

I will not let it be the last time
You come into my life
I will not let it be the last time
You come into my life

And I could write you a letter
Not sure where to send it
Hope it's better where you're headed
Than where ever you are

And everywhere I go
Everyone I know comes with me
Wonder how many more I can fit
Inside this crowded, crazy heart...

Just don't let it be the last time
You come into my life
Don't let it be the last time
You come into my heart

--Paul Baribeau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home