Friday, August 25, 2006

You've Got One Good Trick and You're Hanging On You're Hanging On...

Alright. I've decided instead of releasing "The Blairsville Sessions" on CD-r, I'm gonna get them professionally pressed. They're going to come in a CD sleeve in black and white card cases, then shrinkwrapped. Think of what record packaging looks like. That. It should turn out well. I'm waiting to hear back from like 5 bands, and at least 4 people are submitting brand new, unreleased songs for it. I'm pumped.

I'm totally redoing the sticker design, probably sometime tomorrow. I'll ask a couple people's opinions on them, and if they say it looks cool, I'll order them then too.


Bands that are gonna be on this comp:
Madeline
In the Shadow of Victory (new / exclusive song!)
Stephano Ponce (new / exclusive song!)
The Rescued
Farewell Flight
Taking Lottie Home
foreverDOWN
Jon Crocker
Natalie Sheppard
Sloppy Meateaters
The Alcoholic Freshman
Super Famicom
We Are Only Fiction (new / exclusive song!)
Wildebeest
The Max Levine Ensemble
Joshua Fletcher & the Six Shot-Romance (new song!)
An Act of My Own (if we can get better quality recordings before too long)
Brook Pridemore (new / exclusive song!)
Defiance, Ohio
Dirty Larry
Suite 11 (if we can get decent quality recordings sometime soon)
GMST (if I have extra room)
The Molly Project (if I have extra room)
Seamas O'Lanigan (if I have extra room)
This Is Lestat (if I have extra room)
I Am Only Your Side Effect (if I have extra room)



I'm also doing a split release with Valiant Death Records (The people who are releasing Madeline's new LP!) soon. It's a double disc of Lee Lewis & His Orchestra called "The Greatest Secret." It was pretty cool...Bucky (the dude that runs Valiant Death) asked me if I wanted to do a split release just outta nowhere, 2 days after I started all this. He also said he'd hook me up with CD pressing. So yea. I'm in. Super Famicom wants me to release some of his stuff too, but I'm waiting 'til like next year to do that (unless everything goes amazingly awesome and I have sufficient funds to do so before then).



I wish I had started doing this sooner...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home