Friday, August 11, 2006

I Feel So Warm and Bubbly...There's A New Day On the Rise...

At last. I'm done with Yacht Club. I would be perfectly ok with never looking at that place ever again. Well...after I go and pickup my check tomorrow, that is.

I'm working on a new song that I might call, "Well, Alzheimer's Can't Be All Bad. You Get To Meet New People Everyday."

This was just a quick update, and I'm pretty much done now, but I'm gonna finish off with lyrics to one of my favorite Madeline songs called "Good Houses." It's on her new full-length, "The Slow Bang" available on vinyl from Valiant Death records.




Good endless surprises. Good reasons for waking.
Good friends are good family with hearts overflowing
from kindness from strangers. The will to survive.
When our hearts are all pounding, God knows we're alive.

Good houses. Decisions. You're married with children.
Sweet cages, I thought you were mine.
With our backs to the wind and our faces to bend
all the rules and our feet crossed the line.

Apologies given to thin air don't listen.
The vibrations don't hit the eardrums
of the heads that deserve this. The useless excuses.
"It didn't work, but we really tried."

Good timing found speechless, we tripped on our moments.
Good gracious, who left who behind?
Let's live in the hour. Make powerful statements
of how we will not let this die.

This is not what I had in mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home