Saturday, July 29, 2006

...But Where Do They Make Balloons?

The show was an absolute blast. The most fun I've ever had at a Top Pavilion show (or just about any show for that matter).

I found out "imadethismistake" couldn't come the night before at like 1AM. And also, that the "Act of My Mistakes '06" tour was pretty much screwed. Then I started thinking "I bet no one's gonna show up," like I always do.

Well, I get up to Meeks at 4, when I was supposta meet the rest of the band to run through a couple songs. Well, of course, that never happened because they were all late, and I had to go get wire cutters. The cheapest pair cost me 14.95. Me mad. Anyway, by the time I got back, a few people had shown up and all of the rest of Suite 11, except Rollie. It was 5 and no one was there. Well, like always, I waited to start the show by like 30 minutes. And yay! More people showed up.

GMST did good except for a couple timing problems. You could tell they were having fun though, and that's what it's all about. Up next was Natalie Sheppard. She has an awesome voice. She could so be on American Idol. Seamas O'Lanigan played 3rd and got everyone in a drinking mood with his Irish folk music. Then "Suite 11" played. We did alright. Up next was me and Dave. That was the best we've ever sounded together, although our set probably had more mistakes and screw-ups than anyone else's. It was fun though. I broke a string, which sucked, but oh well. Next came Josh Fletcher. He did really, really good. It was the second best I've ever heard him (the first was the first time I ever saw him live...It was so emotional it would chill you). Finally, up came The Alcoholic Freshman, and got everyone wanting to go home and cuss out their parents. Haha. Then the show itself was over. John and I each played a song of our solo stuff. I almost forgot the words to mine and screwed up a lot. And the song sounds really lame with only 1 guitar part. Not to mention the lack of tambourine.

Well, everyone nearly dwindled out save like a dozen people. That's when the fun began. We just hung out with some of the people who played and talked, sang, and were merry. It was great. We did that for over an hour. Then we went to Huddle House and kept talking, singing, and being merry. Let me tell you...There were some interesting topics...Wrestling, Spinal Tap, Seeing some guy almost get his pants pulled off right outside the window, Traveling, Record Deals, Baseball, Shows, Stupid People, Punk vs. Hardcore...You name it, we probably talked about it. It was great. I got home at Midnight. Definitely looking forward to doing it again.



Today was nowhere near as fun. I got up, checked the mail (something I ordered like a month ago still isn't here yet. I'm kinda getting worried because I mailordered it with cash :/), called Dave, canceled the "tour," went to work, got back here, replied to MySpace crap, then typed this whole thing.



I live an exciting life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home