Thursday, July 20, 2006

This Life of Mine's Like Doing Time For Crimes That I Didn't Commit. If Life's A Game, I'm On the Loosing Team and I Just Wanna Quit...

Alright, cool. I think I've finished the first song for my solo acoustic whatever. I'm not sure what I should call myself though. I'm thinking about "This Is Lestat," (that's a line from The Vampire Chronicles that just kinda stuck in my head) but I dunno yet. All I know is, I'm not gonna use "Dakota Floyd" 'cause my name sucks. Oh well. I've got time to think about it. I'm not putting up anything for like 2 weeks. I'm waiting 'til Dave leaves for college, cause he'd wanna make this stuff AAoMO stuff. And I don't want it to be AAoMO stuff. But yea...anyway...Here's the lyrics to the song. They suck:


These good times will fade
And we both will change
But for now...For now
We're gonna be OK


Well, I'm tired over workin' overtime
Thoughts all weighted on my mind
Where I find myself
Buried in your arms

And my constant state of apathy
Yea...It'll be the death of me
When I try so hard
To get to you


And I know that I will let you down
And I know that you won't regret this when we're through
And you know that you deserve better than me
So why don't you just tighten my noose


These ups and downs are killin' me
Feelin' like I've got 6 broken strings
But there's nowhere left to run

I try to scream, but my lungs collapse
The days of "me and you" are past
And I still can't see what went wrong


You are the wind in my hair
My breath of fresh air
The stars in the sky
My lonesome firefly

The lights from the skyline
My breath on a cold night
The fire in your eyes
(is) matched by none

I'm the lovesick loser
In this game for 2
But I don't care what you say...
I...I need you


Tada. Yay suckiness. Gotta start somewhere though, I guess. :/


I don't have a title for this yet...I'm thinking one of these, but I'm not sure which yet. I'm kinda leaning towards the second one... They're quotes from a movie, by the way...Guess it and win a prize:

"Every Living Creature On This Earth Dies Alone"
"Some People Are Just Born With Tragedy In Their Blood"
"Life Isn't That Simple. I Mean Who Cares If Ling Ling Returns the Wallet and Keeps the Money? It Has Nothing To Do With Either Fear or Love."



Show tomorrow. YHC / 7PM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yikes, I just realized there was a show going on and it's a bit too late. The lyrics are amazing, I like the first half exspecially. That's the lyrics to the demo you gmailed?

Come to think of it, parts of that song(the lyrics) remind me of "What
s left to lose, you've done enough. And if you fail well than you fail but you gave it a shot"-the format.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

How did the aaomo show go? And if you get the vocals recorded and don't feel half bad about it than I'd like to hear it.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home