Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Where Do I Belong?

Things are hectic in the world of Dakota.



I haven't been sleeping well at all lately, spiraling me into the depths of lethargy on a daily basis.

Nothing is coming together as planned. Dave quit Dawn On the Inside, leaving me and Spiva left to find someone to fill his spot...Less than 2 weeks before our first show on the 18th which is looking grim right now. I've learned my lesson though -- If you want something done, do it yourself.

Lately I've been wondering what my true point in life is. Anymore, my days go a little something like this: wake up, go to school, come home, talk to idiots about stuff that doesn't really matter (yay for MySpace), go to sleep, repeat. I'm waiting for need something monumental to happen, or I fear that I will fall into a state of apathy and continue to follow this tired cycle. Every kid you see just looks so happy. Sometimes I'll put on a face to give the illusion that I am too, but really, I'm not. Maybe I just need a break? Get out of town, away from everyone...No worries, no having to deal with school work, or family junk, or anyone needing anything...Or maybe I just need some form of human interaction outside of the internet? Who knows. I miss the days of just being a kid. Not a care in the world and amazed by (what seem to be) the simplest things in life.



On a positive note, I received a package in the mail on Friday. This package was from my good friends in the band Sloppy Meateaters, and contained a bootleg of their FanBedroom show in Cheyenne, WY. It was cool that I got this because I was totally not expecting it...I didn't win one. Moving on, it is amazing and allows me to space out and not worry about anything else while listening to it. Especially the song "Howard and the Hitchhiker."





Ugh. Why did I just type all this up? There's no point. Blah. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home