Monday, July 31, 2006

I've Been Goin' Over All the Words To Say To Win You Over...And I've Been Fallin' Over Myself Trying to Get to You...

Wow. Today was a blast.

It started off kinda slow, with me almost falling asleep several times during church. Well, at about 3:15 I left for Rollie's house to play his sister, Maggie's, 21st birthday party. To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to it. I mean, I love playing, to any size crowd, but like...I've played 2 birthday parties before, and uhhh the atmostphere sucks. Anyway...We got there, set up all the stuff, jammed for a little bit, and then pretty much everyone went swimming, except for me. I've never really liked swimming...Dunno why. But anyway, yea. That was fun. After that, we practiced about 4 songs (Dave was drumming for us and had never heard / played them before), and then just kinda stood around for a bit. Then the idea sparked to go to the game room, where we played pingpong and whatnot. Fun stuff. Then we went and played about a 15 song set, getting done around 11:15. Fun, fun, fun. Sadly, I hadta leave at about 11:40 so I could get back in before the midnight driving curfew thingy.

I dunno...That whole explaination sounds really lame. There was just a really nice atmosphere no matter who you were around or where you were. Hard to explain with words. You woulda hadta have been there, I guess?


Well, back to the drab, boring days until school starts back...



Oh, and for the first time ever, my fingers bled from playing bass. Surprisingly enough, though, it wasn't my fretting hand.

Apparently, I "play hard." Well, I guess I must've smacked my bass a wee bit too hard and my finger got ripped open. I didn't even notice 'til about 2 songs later when I looked down and saw the blood spatters on my pickguard. It didn't hurt at all, so I just kept on going...Yay.


PS -- Inertia and Mount Awesome will be in Blairsville on December 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home