Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Walk Steadily. I Have Never Felt So Weak, Or So Strong, As I Do Now...

Today was a good day. My classes actually seemed to halfway pass quickly today. Weird. Something else that was quite odd...People actually said "hi" to me in the halls today. That never happens. Weird, weird, weird.

The whole label thing is actually going surprisingly well, although I haven't really done anything that involves labor yet. I'm getting tons of words of encouragement from a lot of people. It's great. I'm actually gonna follow through on something for once. The first release is gonna be called, "The Blairsville Sessions," and is going to consist of bands that have played here / are playing here sometime in the near future. Right now, here's the current tracklisting:

1. Super Famicom - To Be In Custody of Ghosts
2. Jon Crocker - Summer Days
3. The Alcoholic Freshman - Thanks A Lot, Dickhead
4. Sloppy Meateaters - Truth In Rations
5. Taking Lottie Home - Kill the Lights
6. Farewell Flight - Cruel
7. foreverDOWN - Hopefully Finding Hopeless
8. An Act of My Own - Never Keep Forgetting
9. Defiance, Ohio - Grandma Song
10. Dirty Larry - These Black Lines
11. The Max Levine Ensemble - Another Song About the Rain
12. Wildebeest - Fighting Windmills Again
13. Natalie Sheppard - Leave the Light On
14. Madeline - Slow Down
15. The Rescued - Sweet Dreams Little Soldier
16. imadethismistake - Staring Blindly Into A Dull Sunset



I'm still waiting on replies from Josh Fletcher, Brook Pridemore, We Are Only Fiction, and a few others. In the Shadow of Victory are submitting a brand new song as soon as they get it recorded. I'm gonna help GMST record something that sounds good and put it on there. Probably "Flashlight." You can't really mess that one up. Rollie I Am Only Your Side Effect is gonna have a song on there. Suite 11 is getting a semi-professional recording done that hopefully won't sound like total crap. Heck...I might put one of my solo songs on there too. Stephano Ponce submitted a track. It's actually pretty good (for him), but I don't really wanna put it on there. He thinks that me having a label now is like the coolest thing ever though, so I'm gonna throw it in somewhere.

This CD is gonna cost 5 bucks. I think that's a reasonable for a 20+ track CD.


Oh, also, I was going to change the name to just Bonfire Records, but it's already taken. Oh well.


My thoughts are racing right now. They're going so fast I have no idea what they are about nor whaether they're good or bad. Something to do with friends, music, school, me needing to take a shower, shows, me needing to clean my room, hating letting people down, blahblahblah...

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You've changed throughout the past years, random people (Hyl, Dalton, TLH guys, everyband that ever comes to Blairsville..) usually comment on how social you are. It's a good aspect to have though. I think you're just yourself throughout whatever, so it's hard for everybody to see you change.
It would be cool if you got a permanent bonfire spot, like in some random field or something. Bonfire Club Records will work as far as names go. It looks like all the other labels took the clever names.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh I saw "V for Vendetta" recently, and it's a great movie. It would make for an amazing book though.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home