Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dance Like It's Going Out of Style...

Today was kinda meh, kinda ok...



My SM-58 finally got here! This means I'll be able to start making studio quality recordings very soon! Hooray.

I still don't have a job.

I still don't have a date for the In the Shadow of Victory show.

I'm working on a new song. It's been the hardest one to figure out so far. I dunno if that's good or bad. I only have the chorus totally done how I want it, and I kinda like how it sounds...but that's the only thing. I still need to write the rest of the parts, including guitar for the bridge, lyrics for the bridge and second verse, as well as piano, bass (maybe), mandolin, and percussion for the whole song. Hopefully I can get those figured out soon. :/

I've decided that I am going to try something that I don't think has ever been done before. I'm going to record a hardcore song using only folk instruments. Mandolin, guitar, banjo (if I can find one somewhere), homemade drums, and other things like that. If I can pull it off, I think it'll sound really cool. I doubt I'll be able to though.

My first release has just been changed. I should have the "imadethismistake" sampler out by the end of this month...Then the comp in late October. I really hope this works out for the best...I'm excited! It's got 2 songs from the upcoming vinyl, 2 live tracks, and one brand new studio track.

Alright, well, I'm out I guess.


PS -- This was supposta be published last night at 1:41AM. My internet has been really screwy as of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home