Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Quiet, But Loud...Dancing, but Still...

...We watch the world for something to happen. But only once in thousands of years can we see Mars as clear as the moon. Love is not new, it's ancient and old, How do I know Autumn's when lovers go running ALL up in arms...All up in arms while the wind blows."
--The Accident That Led Me To the World



Alright. Awesome. The show on the 30th now has an official spot. Young Harris College Student Center // 7:30PM. I'm so happy I finally got it sorted out. I was starting to feel horrible because I would've let In the Shadow of Victory down (this is quite possibly the last show they'll EVER play). Hopefully people will show up and have a blast. The Mourning After is coming too. They're grrrreat. I'm still trying to get up with Typhoid Mary, but I get this feeling they're gonna wind up not coming. I don't care though. I'm just happy I have a spot.

Next task: Find a spot in North GA (besides Blairsville) for Jon Crocker to play on Sunday, November 5th. I've been working on this for 3 weeks. I found a spot for a house show where he could probably make 20, 30 bucks, but I dunno if he wants to play it or not. If I knew anyone in Blue Ridge, I'd just try to do something there. Maybe Tree Frog music? I think that dude would like Jon's stuff...Who knows...I'm never over in that area to ask him. :/

Madeline's LP ships out on Wednesday. This makes me happy. I was like the 6th person to pre-order it, so mine is coming in a hand-sewn jacket. I've heard msot of it and it's grrrrreat. The CD version won't be out in stores / available for online order until January, but you can get it from her at shows starting in late October. I wish she would come play up here. I'd even pay all gas expensese out of pocket. :(

The Accident That Led Me To the World is an incredible band. Think Iron and Wine but more mellow. They're so amazing. How they're not signed, I don't know. So good.

I don't see why parking passes are so expensive. They were only 5 when my brother was in highschool. Inflation isn't that bad.

Jon Crocker is writing a brand new, exclusive song for my comp. I'm excited. I was just gonna use "Summer Days," but I am definately down with a new song. :D

School actually wasn't too bad today. I laughed at a lot of stuff.

Ok, well, yea...I guess that's it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Parking passes are getting rediculous. Exspecially the actual getting it process. That lady can be a jerk.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home