Sunday, October 15, 2006

Starched White Shirts, So Neatly Pressed By Domestic Muses...

...Feed dilusions that everything is working out right,
But your ribs can't withstand increasing weight
As your heart gets heavier and sooner or later,
It falls to the tips of your toes.

And every day tastes like inhaling
When you just lit the wrong end (that plastic burning scent).
Your only friends are on the exit ramps of gridlock caravans.
You try to ask how they've been,
But the metal and glass is too thick.

--Death Cab for Cutie


Well, Fall Break is here, but I'm not sure if I want it now. The past week at school was actually pretty fun. Although I don't have many friends in any of my classes (except band, surprisingly enough), I've learned to make the best of the few that I do have.

Apparently there's a new venue in Andrews called "The Coalhouse" or something to that nature. They opened tonight. I wanted to go check it out, but my uncle (who told me about the place) didn't return my call and I didn't know where it was.

I've got a solo show on Thursday. It should be fun, mainly due to the fact that I know pretty much everyone that's gonna be there (it's a joint (not the kind you smoke) party for Geoff Nelson and Erika Bumperkoom). Hopefully I'll be feeling better by then.

The Peasant show is next Monday. I hope there's a good turnout, as it is the last Top Pavillion show of the year. I actually know who to talk to to book the pavillion now, too, So yay.

AJ from Taking Lottie Home told me that he hates The Mourning After and doesn't want them playing at any of their shows. I think that's really lame. I already had them on schedule for the show and they were really excited about it, and now he says all that stuff. I've really grown to not like how the guys in TLH act (besides their new guitarist...He's actually pretty cool).

The setlist that we have for Fall Ball kinda sucks. I'm gonna hafta learn a ton of lyrics and I'm horrible at that. It wouldn't be so bad if that was all I hadta learn, but I hafta learn a bunch of guitar parts too, and all of these songs are extremely synopcated...And argh. :/

"Don't feel sorry for me...I feel sorry for you. Think you control fear, but fear's controlling you..."--Under the Weather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home