Monday, December 18, 2006

I Don't Want Anything For Christmas, Except For the World To Be Happy...

Friday: My birthday. Somehow, quite a few random people knew it was my birthday. Pretty cool, but kinda weird, y'know? I mainly got cash as gifts which is great, because I can do whatever I want with it. Fastforward to the show. It didn't really go as well as planned (I was expecting like 5 more people, but they were either a) out of town or b) at the basketball game), but it was still pretty fun. I don't think Trey and Mark really liked Evan and his friend much, though, and I'm not sure why. That led to them staying at my house, which kinda sucked because my house is boring. But yea, Trey was like, "You can stay, but they can't," which I thought was kinda lame. They were telling me just to ditch them at my house too. I couldn't do that to company, let alone some friends of mine. Anyway, yea, Evan and his friend (I totally forgot his name) crashed at my house that night and left at around 2 the next afternoon. I feel really bad about the show kinda sucking, but Evan said it happens...He said that the whole tour thus far has pretty much been like this, and that's what he gets for waiting 'til Christmas break to tour. They were really cool though, I wound up getting 7 CD's for 30 bucks. Oh, and also! If anyone that reads this wasn't at the show and wants me to pick them up a CD or something, let me know! I'm going to be seeing Nice & Friendly, redbear., Inertia!, Mount Awesome, Life Under a Tree, and Or So It Goes in Chicago on the 28th. I'll pick up whatever you want and bring it back. Trust me, it'd beat having to deal with shipping via mail. Pretty much all of the CD's are 5bucks, shirts are 9(?), buttons are free (I think)...So yea! If you have any interest in that, lemme know! I recommend the When All the World Sleeps "Live On Radio 1 Chicago" CD (I think this may actually be free), the Nice & Friendly full-length, and "The Safest Place To Hide A Book," by Russ Substance.

Anyway, after Evan left (around 3), I went up to Ingles and bagged groceries and whatnot for the band fundraiser. It actually wasn't too too bad. Afterwards, I went over to Nate Saunders's house. Nate is probably the nicest person I know. Anyway, me and a few other people went over there and we watched a movie, played Guitar Hero, and ate cookies. I ended up getting home just a little before midnight. It was quite nice.

Today, I woke up at 10 and went to my Aunt's house because she wanted to do a Christmas dinner for my dad's side of the family (she's on my mom's side). I ending up having to ride down there with my dad, his girlfriend, and her two kids. Man are they annoying. Well...Their voices are more annoying than anything else. Country twang to the max. And one of them talks about stupid crap ALL. THE. TIME. But whatever. It was decently fun, I guess.

Anyway, I think that's about it for today. Show Tuesday. 6:30PM at Black and Gold. 7 bands. Should be over before 10.

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home