Tuesday, February 27, 2007

History Repeats Itself Ever So Consistently...

The house show went surprisingly well. At one point there were about 20 people there, which surprised me muchly. A bunch of people that said they were definitely gonna be there didn't show up, but a bunch of random people did. Kinda weird, but pretty cool, I suppose. Mt. Gigantic showed up at 11 and only had time for a few songs before everyone had to leave. They played for like 10 people and it was amazing. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. Hopefully they'll come back someday and be able to play a much, much longer set. I know for a fact that they made over 50 bucks, so that's good. Not sure how much Peter and Stephano made, but it's probably pretty close to that same amount. Here's a video of part of one of Peter's songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QalBVhl8E1M

After everything was all said and done with and everyone had left, my dad seemed to approve of the show. He pretty much said that I could do that whenever I needed too. Oh, and we might be getting different colored bulbs for the stage lights we have over our balcony. I think that'd be kinda neat.

I might be going to see Taking Lottie Home in Habersham this weekend. Should be fun. I feel bad, though, cause my dad asked me to go to Rome with him then because he's taking who's basically my stepsister to check out Berry College. :/

On Wednesday, Rollie and I are collaborating to play a set at YHC during the intermission of the HOT Legs Male Beauty Pageant. Should be interesting. Hopefully I can get Spiva's mic along with my cables and converters back while I'm over there.

I have 5 essays, a lab report, and a notebook due soon. I might need to get started on that...

Hopefully my CD's will get here soon. I've got like 75 bucks worth of stuff that I ordered a loooong time ago, that the place I ordered it from swears is on its way...I sure hope so.

I'm gonna start distro-ing Valiant Death stuff soon. I think I'm just gonna sell it at the wholesale price that I'll be paying for it. I don't really want to make a profit off of it.

I miss being in a band. Even if we sucked, it was still pretty fun most of the time.

We had a college thing in Lit today. Everyone knows what they want to do except for me. I'm thinking Sound Engineering and maybe Marketing, but I dunno.

My grades are awful so far this semester. Well...In 2 of my classes anyway. I have a 91 in Chemistry and a 90 in Honors Lit. I get 5% added on my grade in Honors at the end of the year, but still. It sucks.

I might move the March 24th Jon Crocker show to my house. The booking dude at Young Harris College has been being kind of a jerk, plus Jon says he likes smaller shows a lot better anyway. Turnout Saturday wasn't bad for only like 4 days of promotion, so I think with a couple weeks of it we could be in business. Maybe I could get like 30 people this time? I think it'd be fun.

The record store idea is back on. I doubt it'll ever materialize into anything, but who knows?

I'm feeling pretty down today. Not sure why. Maybe I'm just tired?

Anyway, I really need to start this homework, but before I go, here's a song by Dustin and the Furniture:


In the service of the wilderness. Everything happens in the service of the wilderness. I gave an apple to a homeless dude and felt the way things come and go, as they happen in the service of the wilderness. But don't be proud after doing something great, just understand, that it happened in the service of the wilderness. Someone stole my bike even though it was locked to the rack outside the library, but hey it happened in the service of the wilderness. As the world gets more messed up is act as the midwife in the birth of a new one, which will inevitably happen in the service of the wilderness. So don't worry or be afraid about things that'll happen anyway, just do what you can like give an apple to a homeless dude or pet a dog, and let it happen in the service of the wilderness. But if you try to make it natural it will just be a disaster so don't think at all, just watch things go as they happen in the service of the wilderness. There's no other when to view yourself as if you will discover that you came out of the mother of the world as opposed to coming into it and you will live in the service of the wilderness. Have you noticed that you're already living in the service of the wilderness? In the service of the wilderness, as the new world rises from the other side of the event we're a'risin'. There's nothing we can do, so lets take off our shoes and lets dance around the room forgetting words, forgetting truth. In the service of the wilderness well the new generation will come. No we wont be ready for it, so for now lets live good lies, acting now as good midwives. Being aware, accepting it in the service of the wilderness.

Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home