Monday, February 19, 2007

So What Is It That Makes Us Who We Are?

I have decided that I am buying a PA system. I've been needing one for awhile and I think I've finally found one that I wanna get. It's 400 bucks and is powered pretty well. I know I'll use it so I don't really mind spending the money. Now all I need is a reliable venue... :/

Speaking of needing a reliable venue, I've had to move the shows next weekend to my house. Mt. Gigantic, Matty Pop Chart, Erin Tobey, Stephano Ponce, and Chin Up! Meriwether are all playing / staying at my house on Saturday. Please, please, PLEASE come and bring as many people as possible. And if you can, donate a couple bucks. All the bands are coming from a long way away to play a crappy house show and I wanna make it as good as I can for them.

In other news, Dave still has my recording stuff and it's getting on my nerves. I need it not only for recording but for shows. I wouldn't mind so bad if he were actually using it. Yargh.

I wanna get a sitar. They're in quarter steps, giving them more of an Eastern sound. Western music is played primarily in half steps. It'd be cool just to hear how it sounds in comparison to Western instruments.

We have a snow day tomorrow. Woohoo. Hopefully we won't have to make it up later.

In other other news, I got Jon Crocker's 2 latest albums in the mail Saturday. "The Family Album" and "Edison-Free Sediment, Vol. III." They're amazing. Some of Jon's best work yet. "The Family Album" is 13 songs for and about his family. A lot of the songs are really deep and touching. I almost cried listening to one of them. "Edison-Free Sediment, Vol. III" is the last in a series of albums Jon made without the use of your typical instruments (guitar, bass, drums). Instead, he used folk instruments such as mandolin, banjo, pot&pan percussion, and various other goodies. Really good stuff. One of my favorite songs from "The Family Album" is at the end of this post. Jon's coming back on March 24th and (hopefully) playing at YHC. He's staying the night at Trey's and the next day is playing a "quiet time" set, consisting on some of his quieter songs, such as "I Just Can't Say No." imadethismistake and On the Strings Of are playing too. I'm excited.





Out of water and out of food and we've been walking since the day began. Racing darkness, it does no good when you're lost...don't have a map. But he said, "Well these mountains, well they are my home and I know every trail, 'cause I've been down them all. So don't be scared...So what if there are bears out there? I'll get us back even if it's dark. No it's not like i don't know, no it's not like i don't know where I'm gonna go."

He was dying. Mother got so scared and she said, "Baby, aren't you worried about your soul?" And he said, "Well I've been Catholic and I have been a Jew and I've been Atheist...one of those should work. We're all so certain that what we know is true and who am I to say that it's not? Oh it's not like I don't know, no it's not like I don't know where I'm gonna go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home