Monday, April 02, 2007

Won't You Please Just Come Back Home So I Don't Have To Be Alone Anymore?

Well, the show Friday was fun. I get up to Meeks Park at like 4:50. NO ONE is there. Not even skaters. At like 4:55, Eun and Skye show up and they come over and talk to me. It was quite awkward. Well, 5:30 rolls around and Mike (Mandarin Dynasty) is nowhere to be found so I give him a call. He's just passing the GA line from SC. He's not gonna get to Blairsville at any reasonable hour, so we just decided to cancel the show. Probably a good thing...Not many people showed up at all.

When I got home I had a message from In the Long Run. They're not playing on the 20th anymore. They gave a crappy excuse, but whatever. foreverdown might be playing now because of that, so it's probably a good thing.

Later that night, at like 1:30, just as I suspected, Kalisa bailed on me for the Under the Couch show. Josh (Spiva) and I joked about who I might be able to ride with the night before. Well, I did wind up finding another ride the next day...with Skye Butler and her siblings. She has a really annoying older brother. Despite it being an awkward ride down (and up), the show was fun / good. Natalie Sheppard was there and we hung out for a little bit. I took some videos too: http://youtube.com/profile?user=DakotaFloyd

Spring Break starts next Friday. I'm ready for it. I've been ridiculously tired lately. There's a decent show kicking it off at Meeks on Thursday night at 5:30. Brook Pridemore, Guitar Bomb, DfL, and Distance & Statelines are playing. The last 2 bands are these annoying people from Elijay that absolutely would not leave me alone and they're not very good.

I need a job. I think Cobb's Mill is hiring, or so says Ed. I don't think that would be too bad of a job, really. His mom is pretty agreeable. I mean, after all, she did let me have a show in her restaurant on like, one week's notice.

Eh, I dunno. We'll see, I suppose.As for now, I think I'm gonna run. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home