Saturday, April 07, 2007

And We've Got Nowhere To Go...

Thursday was fun.

While loading my PA into my car, I get a call from Jon Crocker...I'm expecting him to be asking for someone's number, but much to my surprise, he says he is passing through Blairsville and is wondering if there's a show. Indeed there was and he was now playing at it. And not to my surprise, he did the best. It was freezing at Meeks Park, which is annoying because it was like 85 on Wednesday, but oh well. Brook, Mikey, and Dan were a little late, but it wasn't a big deal, really. They both played nicely when they did get there. After Mikey, this guy named Jackie played. It was his first show and he was nervous to the max. He did good for a first show. I think he just needs to sing a bit louder. Last came Dying for Lies from Blue Ridge. It was their first "real" show, and that's a good thing because they brought out 80% of the people there. They were actually pretty good. But anyway, no one really did too well in merch. Jon sold at least 3 CD's that I know of, the Crafty Records dudes sold at least 2 CD's and a shirt, and both got donations. Better than nothing, I suppose.

After the show everyone went back to my place, where we stayed up 'til about 4AM talking, hanging out, watching Jon's old skate videos (one in which he broke his elbow) among other stuff, listening to music, and doing other stuff that generally brought merriment. Oh, and I helped Jon Crocker bring one of his CD's back in print. Fun stuff. Jon, unfortunately, had an 8 1/2 hour drive to North Carolina the next day, so he had to leave at about 9 the next morning. I was up to see him off. The Crafty Records guys were headed to South Carolina and left at about noon. It was fun.

All the rest of the day I was exhausted. I was planning on going to Fun World to promote the April 20th show, but I didn't get back from visiting with my grandparents 'til like 10:15. By the time I would've gotten there they would've been nearly closed, plus it was snowing.

...and it still is a little bit.

Regardless, I'm glad it's Spring Break. Hope you're having a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home