Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Smile's In Sad Shape, All the Dead Weight I Got Tired of Carrying...

...Yeah it’s got me looking for a friend
or a crutch I can depend on...

-- Bright Eyes


Well, Spring Break is nearly over, and I've gotta say, this has been one of the worst ones I've ever had.

For the first 4 days, I sat at home and did absolutely nothing. Wednesday and Thursday nights I went over to Trey's house at like midnight to spend the night with him and John. Trey is one annoying character. He seriously asks the dumbest questions and plays the same thing over and over again (on both guitar and whatever music player he has on his computer). He's one of the most pretentious people I've ever met. On Friday night we went down to The Vineyard in Marietta to watch Taking Lottie Home, 1994, We Are Only Fiction, and a couple other bands that weren't so hot. Natalie Sheppard as there and we hung out pretty much all night. It was fun. Trey kept trying to be the center of attention by pulling my hair and hitting me. It was quite annoying. When we got home he lied to some people and said he sung with Taking Lottie Home that night, then later denied it. Ugh. So annoying. Whatever I guess.

Today I've just sat around doing nothing. I need to do my essay for Honors Lit. One thing I did kind of get accomplished though was finally talk to Bucky (Valiant Death dude) about some releases I'm helping with. He says the Lee Lewis CD's are finally done and he's shipping them, along with some more distro stuff, soon. We also talked about the new imadethismistake album Tomorrow, We Start New. I'm gonna have about 100 copies of it come the beginning of June. I'll be selling them for around what I'm paying for them ($1.50 each) and they're professionally pressed and packaged and all the good stuff. I'm excited.

I think I'm gonna get a job next week. I don't want one, but I need one.

Next Friday. Awesome show at Black and Gold. Taking Lottie Home, 1994, We Are Only Fiction, and Alex Walter's new band. I'm excited. I just hope people show up....and donate. I have to get 70 bucks to 1994. Whatever doesn't come in with donations is what I have to pay out of pocket.

My brother is cheating on his girlfriend. I don't see why he just doesn't break up with her instead of trying to keep secrets. I wish they'd at least leave the house for a little bit so I could record some stuff (I hate singing when people can hear me).

I wish Dave would hurry up and come back up here with my stuff. Maybe he'll come up in time for the show Friday? It'd be cool to get my stuff back and play a quick set on top of that. I doubt that'll happen, though.

May is going to be insane for shows. I have 5 set up. Three within a week of each other. Ack!

Eh, I think I'm gonna go. Hope your Spring Break was better than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home