Thursday, May 17, 2007

There's A Monster and It Lives Inside My Chest...

So there's basically just one week of school left. I'm ready for it, but it doesn't feel like I'm gonna be a senior when we get back in the fall. This summer is gonna be pretty awful though, I can already tell. No tour, AP work, normal work, all my friends are moving, band camp, very few shows (although that could be changed). Yargh. Not really looking forward to it. But Chemistry will be over and that's a good thing.

I finally caved under the pressure of like 20 people and decided to try out for drum major. We haven't done anything hard yet, but I'm not really looking forward to what's to come. I don't really want to be drum major, but I feel like I need to at least try out for both my and the rest of the band's sake, as the other people trying out would make band very un-fun and strict. We're having another tryout / lesson thing Friday until around 4:15-ish. That's also the day of Adam and AJ's going away party in Habersham. I'm hoping that Trey will wait for me to get done before he leaves, but I dunno. He probably will. We'll see, I suppose.

I need to finish up some Chemistry work...I'm a terrible procrastinator. Actually, that would make me an amazing procrastinator. Yargh.

I found out today that my grandmother's illness is permanent. There's something wrong with her lungs that can't be repaired. This is really sad, as she used to always be up and doing something. That's what made her happy. Now all she can do is rest. It's really depressing, but what can one do?

The show yesterday went better than expected in some ways and worse in others. There were about 15 people there. Some people were loud and rambunctious, which sucked, but as far as I know everyone liked the people who played, especially Miles. I noticed nearly everyone there getting a copy of something of his. Patrick signed a bunch of autographs and left little notes to people and seemed to be having fun. He moved probably 15 CD's. After the show, I hadta go to the band concert, but Miles, Patrick, Evan, Kalisa, and everyone else that was left went out to eat then to the cliffs and apparently everyone had a good time. Once that was through Miles, Evan, and Patrick came back to my house and crashed. Good deal. They'll be back next Tuesday!

Well...That's about all that's happening in the world of Dakota right now. Adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home