Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You...

Alright, so here's the deal. It's Saturday night. I was typing up a blog last night, but I didn't really feel too well so I went to sleep around 1 or so. So basically, part of this is from last night.

Ah, my last football game ever, and oh was it a heartbreaker, and I don't mean because it's my last football game in band. I'm glad about that...I've always hated marching band. It was a heartbreaker because we lost within the last minute or so by 2. I know how much this game meant to some of our players, and it's pretty sad that we lost. Oh well.

Speaking of football, apparently the Senior Night video I made made some people cry. Awesome. It was thrown together in about 30 minutes so I'm glad it was at least semi-effective.

So this morning I was on my way to school. As you should know, it was ridiculously cold this morning. Well, my windshield gets really, really foggy / icy / whatever-y while I'm going down the road and I pull off to scrape off some of the crap. Well, I get back in and the car is off. And won't come back on. Apparently some converters are totally stopped up. So now, since Randy DS-head Zimmerman is still "working" on my car, I have nothing to drive. Man, I hate my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Fall Ball is today. It's kind of depressing that I'm getting to miss everyone grinding on each other. Right. At least people will stop asking me if I'm going now. But next is prom. I don't really wanna go to that either, but I think I'm gonna swing by for about 5 minutes or so just to say I did. If it's cool (which I'm totally not expecting it to be) or if I somehow manage to find a decent date (right), I'll stay. So in other words, if you're there, expect to see me for about 5 minutes, if at all.

Well, it's looking like Bonfire Club Records is going to be releasing a Christmas compilation soon. Fun stuff. As of now I don't have to pay any of the bands on it so I'm thinking of making it a benefit release with all of the profits going to some noble something. What is this noble something, you ask? I don't know yet. Maybe Key Club; it can go hand-in-hand with the concert. We'll see. I'm 75% sure that this is going to happen. If it does, I'm aiming to have it out by the end of the month. It'll just be CD-r, but I'm planning on making cool, screenprinted Arigato-style boxes for them. Should be nifty if everything works out, which I'm hoping will happen.

I really miss having a band. Even though we sucked, it was fun. Playing solo just isn't the same. I like writing solo, just not playing shows solo. It's weird. I hate all my songs. Ack.

You know what else I really miss? Probably not. So I'm gonna tell you. Actually having non-school friends. As in people to hangout with outside of school. I'm pretty positive I'm gonna forget and lose contact with the vast majority of my class and vice versa, simply because I don't really have any close friends that live here any more. And the friends that I used to hangout with have moved and, surprise(!), for the most part lost contact with me! Magical. And yea, yea, yea, I know the whole "you'll make better, real friends in college" spiel. But I'm not in college yet. And this blog is mostly about current stuff. So there.

I need to buy some more blank CD-rs. I have a grand total of two left and one of them is going to be used for a mix CD that I just finished compiled tracks for. It always takes me forever to make a mix CD, I think that's mainly because I always put songs on there that correspond to what I'm feeling towards a person at the moment. Hooray for music being the universal language. Oh, and all of the songs have to kind of blend together, so it takes me awhile to pick the order. And I always add a track by me, not necessarily a song, but something. But that's not for all mix CDs. Just ones for certain people. I've only made mixes like that for two people because they're awesome. For other mixes I just pick random songs that I like. So, now that you know my mixtape habits, If you want one of those "random song" mixes, lemme know. Oh, and bring me a blank CD. Cheapskate.

Well, awesome. In less than 5 hours I have to be up for work. I'm completely and totally ready to not work in food anymore. And have been for about 2 years. Yargh.

Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home