Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I Wanna Top of that Drink With the Poison...

...so I won't have to think of another reason to wake up tomorrow; I can sleep all day long if you help me."
--Doby Watson

I'm sad, and I don't know why; I have no reason to be. You ever get that way? I dunno. I guess I'm just remembering my Christmas two years ago. In fact, I know I am. But I dunno if that's why I'm freaking out. For some reason, I really don't think so. Yargh.

So, for once I wish I was in Chicago right now. Why, you ask? Well, all 5(!) of my friends from up there that had moved in the past year are back visiting, there's a ton of great shows going on, and I need to get out of here. I'm so ready for college.

Here's the story of my break so far: Sleep. Work. Exciting, eh? At least it's a break, I guess. Oh! I did see Dave for the first time in like...a year tonight. We're probably gonna hang out / record sometime between now and the new year. And tomorrow I'm hanging out with Johnny and probably Bethany. That'll be fun.

I hate writers' block.

So, you guys remember that Nichole Brown girl that was such a diva? Well, she wound up making a 98 on her project. Wooo. She's planning on coming to Key Club Benefit Show...You guys know what to do.

I love Swedish music. I got 2 CDs from Swedish bands today: Napoleon!'s "Vaxala & I" and Rambling Nicholas Heron's "Here In Dreamland." They're nothing shy of amazing. Napoleon! plays like, 70's disco: super catchy, super awesome. Nicholas Heron plays kind of low-fi, mellow acoustic pop music. Quality material. You can check out both bands over at http://www.valiantdeath.com/ You can find them in the "New Valiant Death Releases" bar on the left.

Christmas is a weird holiday. Why should anyone give me anything? What did I do to deserve anything? Why not just give gifts to people at random times during the year for no reason? Blargh. I'm outta here. Hopefully your Christmases are merry and bright.

2 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

my christmas was, perhaps, nearly disasterous...it sucks you can't see your friends, tho...a couple of my friends that moved away just came back and hopefully i'll be able to see them, but, eh, i probably won't...oh, and i totally agree with the whole giving presents to people randomly throughout the year. let christmas be christmas, not some big present-fest that gets everyone freaking out

5:07 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I hate Christmas. I randomly buy the presents for them throughout the year though. I really wish I could give them the presents right when I buy them. Yep, that's right, I'm THAT kind of person.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home