Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Got Doubts That I Can't Count...

So today went from bad to worse to surprisingly good. Here's the scoop:

I wake up praying that it hasn't starting snowing yet, and of course, it has. I get a call from Krieger about an hour later. We don't know what to do about this show. This is about noon.

Well, at about one, I call up Josh Fletcher to tell him that there's a possibility that the show might get canceled. He's already in Blairsville. This show can't get canceled. If they can make it from Fayetteville to here fine, people can make it from Young Harris.

We wind up starting the show around 3:45. Something around 45 people showed up! Woohoo! Waaaaay better than I expected considering the weather. All was fun and grand, and I am in the process of burning DVDs. All of the videos would be up on YouTube right now, but it crashed halfway through WAOF's set. So they may or may not all be up when you see this:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DakotaFloyd

And that's about it. If for some reason you missed this one, there will probably be another one in late April! Woohoo!

Although I wanted to say a bit more, it's 3 in the morning and I think I have to go to work in a few hours. Toodles.

EDIT: Here's the "bit more."

So, after the show I went to Rib Country with Josh Fletcher and friends. If you go into Rib Country and look right behind the counter and see an American flag that says "GIVE ME BARBEQUE OR GIVE ME DEATH," that was Josh. Josh also flipped over the entire container of toothpicks and a baby ran in to grab some and rammed his head into the wall. It was hilarious.

When I get home, I have mail. One of the packages is a couple CDs I ordered from a friend in Chicago, and the other is something I had actually ordered about a year ago and forgotten about. The guy had a note apologizing and gave me 2 free vinyls! Woohoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Great job, Dakota! I appreciate all your help getting everything together. Thank you!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I heard that the show was really fun. I wish I could have gone. In fact I had planned on going but my plans changed about three hours before the show because of the, you guessed it, weather. Bah! It's not like it was a blizzard but my and Stephanie's parents weren't very thrilled about us driving in it. I am definitely coming to the next one even I have to kidnap Stephanie and immediately hop the border with her after the show. Anyway, sorry I didn't get to come!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home