Monday, March 17, 2008

You Wouldn't Know Honesty If It Hit You Goin' 90 On the Interstate...

Wow, what a terrible weekend.

Friday -- Got back from the band festival (we got superiors...woohoo) and went to work. Got to leave work early because Mack came in when he wasn't supposed to. Awesome. After I got out of work I got a phone call from my friend Kylewilliam. He and his bass player Evan are getting ready to play a show for a bunch of drunk people in Chattanooga and wanted to know if they come could crash at my place afterwards because they didn't feel too well and didn't wanna stay with a bunch of drunks. They were set to play here the next day, so of course I said it was fine. Their show didn't wind up starting 'til past midnight and they were the second band. They wound up getting here around 3:45.

Saturday -- Woke up around 12:30. Sat around for a bit, playing some folk instruments, went to Downtown for lunch. I paid for everyone's stuff. Came back to my house, played with puppies, puppy stole Kylewilliam's shoe while we weren't paying attention and we still can't find it. Gave Kylewilliam a pair of my shoes and onward to the show. The show sucked. I mean, everyone played well, but the other bands were total jerks and hardly anyone in the crowd participated. How so? Kylewilliam broke a string when they had two songs left in their set, out of four guitarists, no one would let him borrow a guitar. For two songs. That's just rude. And for the first time ever, I just left. All the other bands were being rude and arrogant, and I just don't tolerate that. Oh, and I rode over there with Kylewilliam and Evan, so they were my ride back, and they wanted to leave too. We came back to my house for about an hour, where they finished downloading book 7 of Harry Potter to listen to on their way back to Tallahassee then off they went. It was awesome hanging out with them, Kylewilliam is always fun and Evan is basically exactly like me but taller and bearded, but the show was a total bust. I feel terrible. Shows like that are why I want to stop. But it happened, and there's nothing I can do about it now. At least I got to see some people I hadn't seen in forever: Bethany, Stephanie, Kylewilliam, blahblah. Oh, and if you get bored and for some reason want to see some of this show, a lot of it is on YouTube. You know the drill.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DakotaFloyd

Sunday -- Work. All day. Magical.

Yea, my life is pretty lame right now. Except for a couple people that I am extremely thankful for. Even though they'll never read this, thank you for making life at least halfway interesting and bearable!

That is all. Four CDs coming out by the middle of next month. Awesome.

EDIT: It's Monday. I have a flat tire. I am annoyed. Having terrible luck sucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Dakota; I'm sorry your show was lousy. People just plain suck. Especially rude people. I'm sorry Blairsville people are so jaded--people everywhere, for that matter--and that this place just doesn't "do it" for ya anymore. I hope things look up for you soon. Your blogs make me want to give you a hug--and punch a stupid person. Like Randy Zimmerman. Or an emo freshman.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh yeah.
The "other band" thing.
Jerkoffs.

I heard about that.
I left too.

Right after Kylewilliam chased me out the door...

Well. Shortly after.
haha

The show was amazingly horrible and this chick that stole my pants was there. Like. Literally stole my pants.

Oh, and to top it all off, most people there were complete morons.

That is all.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home