Monday, March 10, 2008

I've Tried To Know Which Words To Sing So Many Times...

...And I've tried to know which chords to play
And I've tried to make it rhyme
And I've tried to find the key that all good songs are in
And I've tried to find the notes to make that great reason begin

--Andrew Jackson Jihad

Here is an official "screw you" to being sick: being sick, screw you.

I've been sick since I played soccer who knows how long ago. Today was the worst, but I think it was a combination of other things, such as sleep deprivation and over eating.

"Overeating," you ask, "but Dakota you're so skinny." First off I'm not that skinny, and yea. At work yesterday, once the lunch rush was over, Dave told Ed to make him a pepperoni pizza to go, but didn't put in a ticket. About 30 minutes later Ed remembered. By that time, the pizza was black, and Ed and I decided to hide the evidence. We put in another one, and wound up finishing the whole, black pizza right as Dave walked in the door. Dave takes his new, nonburnt pizza, grabs three pieces, then gives the rest to me: "Look Dakota, they made us a pizza." No one would help me eat it. Ok, so there's basically a pizza and a third. On top of two cookies, two glasses of really thick chocolate milk, and three chicken tenders. Oh, and a milkshake. Great Scott. That is a lot of food. Especially for me. But hey, if you ever need to get rid of a pizza quickly, and I'm the only person around, you know what to do.

But enough about food. Ugh.

Onward to Friday's show. It was alright. The music was good and all, but the guys in the band were kind of divas. But they're basically signed to Sony so I guess they have an excuse, even though it is a bad one. All of it, save the first song (camera malfunctions), are on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DakotaFloyd&p=r

Two shows Saturday! The first one is imadethismistake playing acoustically at Meeks Park at 2PM. The second is fullband imadethismistake, The Dancing Pandas, Social Medicine, Mr. Microphone, and A Piano for Penelope at the Black and Gold Center at 5:30! Both are free. Both are awesome. Be there?

Oh, and a new band is in the works. We jammed Wednesday. What we have so far sounds pretty nifty. I will be singing and probably playing guitar.

Bands / Musicians you should all listen to:
Doby Watson
Eric Ayotte
Ghost Mice
Best Friends Forever
Andrew Jackson Jihad
imadethismistake
Your Heart Breaks
Paul Baribeau
Suite 11
The Max Levine Ensemble
Anathallo
The Accident That Led Me To the World

Indeed. Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger deanapaige said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're expecting,
but it doesn't surprise me at all.
hypocrite.

At least you're eating good for the kid.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ashley Kathryn said...

Wow. All that food.
That's pretty, um, epic.

But anywhos, I will be at the show Saturday night.
Can't wait!!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home