Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I Had a Heart Once...

"...full of fire and passion
but the summer took it away from me
And autumn has come to retrieve it."
~Andrew Jackson Jihad


So, I'm buying a bike tomorrow. Maybe I can start getting back into shape a little bit? Oh, and saving on gas. I'm getting an Iron Horse hybrid bike and it costs $337.05. I think it'll be useful in college, not only in getting to and from class, but when I get bored. So woohoo.

I hate waiting on things in the mail. I've got like $300 worth of music and other miscellaneous junk (presumably) on the way. Blargh.

Something else I don't like: Waking up early. We have to be at the Brackett Room at 7:15 to take our AP tests?! Ack! At least we don't have to go back to school afterwards.

Last Wednesday's show was an adventure. There were like 20 people there around 4:30, when we were originally gonna start, but it turns out my friends from Chicago, Pat and Ty, thought the show was at 7, and wound up getting there around 6:15. They played for 7 people. It was a blast, though. A guy from Jamestown, New York played too. Afterwards we went back to my house and watched MASH 'til four in the morning. As usual, it's all on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DakotaFloyd&p=r

The next shows are this Saturday. One is at 2 at Meeks Park. Ben Chapman, Jon Crocker, and maybe me (but I doubt it), then 5 at Mystic Mountain Coffeehouse in Hiawassee with Danny Rangel, Mr. Microphone, Jon Crocker, and Ben Chapman & The Turnabout. Should be fun, if people show up. Probably not gonna film much of these, if that makes anyone wanna actually come?

Well, I let myself get wrangled into playing at graduation today. I'm playing "My Wish," by Rascal Flatts. Mrs. Ludlum said I could play something else, but that's what most people wanted. So whatever. I already figured it out, now I just need to memorize the words.

Wow. It's almost 1 in the morning already. Guess I'd best be going. Adios.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

yeah, it sounded like that was the song everybody picked from what I heard in AP calc. I'm just playing random stuff for the graduation procession. Looks like we're both doing u-lympics too. I should mix it up and play some random instrument like the ocarina. Or you could play the flute and I'll play the guitar and we'll totally suck it up. Woo, senior pride! the only thing i hope we win again this year is the most discipline referrals...that's always funny...

yeah, i'll go away now.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home