Sunday, April 13, 2008

Look at the Ground...Are You Growing Up Or Growing Into Somebody Else?

Well, I'm back from Chicago. Even though I am indeed "home," it doesn't feel like it. This place seems foreign to me. I don't know where I belong. And no, I'm not saying I wanna live with my mom, I'm just saying that I don't know where my real "home" is anymore.

Anyway, about my trip. It was filled with good music. I made somewhere around a billion and a half awesome new friends. I slept a lot. I read a decent amount. I decided to make the jump to vegetarianism when I go to college. I still haven't unpacked. I found out that I might be going to a two-day folk / film festival in August (I might even be playing! We'll see). I played an awesome guitar that I want. But it costs 3,000 bucks. I debated, and am still debating, buying a drumset. I brushed my teeth multiple times a day (which is nothing out of the ordinary...I still did it though). I didn't send anyone who asked for postcards postcards, because I didn't go to any stores. Well...besides grocery stores. I slept a lot. Yup.

Overall, it was a decent trip. It was definitely good to have a break from working and school and everything. Unfortunately, it made my lust for summer grow even more. I can't wait to get out of here!

I have mixed emotions about lots of things right now. My mind is a trainwreck, with the survivors slowly dying among the wreckage.

Here, have some song lyrics:

a new song by redbear.:

Babycakes
your ports are lookin' boatless
my ships left dry land not long ago

Where's your home?
is that the town that you were born in?
I hear my home hum through my hands

Is this it? I see the streets here I know them by name
why crow on about your quail games
there's nowhere just the same

Badger heart
burrows deep holes in your body
a dryer day might crack more smiles

Turn your ears, you have to know that I still love you
but I'm leaving someone wherever I go

but it's easier now that I do it so much
spring words with a false tongue

Maybe you should have never met me.





Bluh. I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah I got the homeless vibe this weekend too. It sucks being at school and knowing I have to be here for two more years when I'd rather be other places.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, well my room here at school feels more like home than my mom's house. Sometimes I feel more at home sleeping on strangers' couches than here!
Maybe you could do AmeriCorps. I met some people this weekend that did it, you could goto Chicago and help people out while doing so. They're pretty good about free time too.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home