Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's All Good, 'Cause I'm No Good...

Wow. Thursday's show was actually...good. For one of the first times this year, I was genuinely happy at a show. Attendance could've been better, but everyone seemed to have a good time, so woohoo! Anyway, here's a quick rundown of everything:

The show opened up with Sharks! With Knives!!!. His stuff was really generic, and he only played three songs, but it was cool. He brought a bag of various percussive instruments and let people play them through his set. Woohoo!

Next up came Allison and AJ Weiss. They absolutely stole the show. They played 11 songs, spanning about 40 minutes, every single one of them was spot on. And one of the best parts is, they're local! Allison goes to UGA and AJ goes to school somewhere in Hall County, I think. So in other words, I'll probably see them again. I also mentioned that if they needed help with any upcoming releases to give me a shout. They at least pretended to be interested, so we'll see what happens with that. Haha.

Third was Ed's least favorite guy ever, Matt Fox. Basically, Matt Fox rocks. Literally. He has a knack for finding cool rocks. Somewhere on the tour he's on, he found a huge piece of quartz as well as a ruby in Hiawassee. Matt is kind of a transient and he had three panhandler friends with him. They smelled kind of bad, but were actually pretty cool. Except one of them who was a total jerk, but anyway, Matt played about eight songs. I liked them, except for the fact that his guitar was out of tune the whole time and they sounded the same. All of them were really sad too, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd say he was my second favorite of the night.

Last came Danny Rangel, or "Randal" if you will. Normally he plays for a million years and never says song titles, but that all changed Thursday night! He only played, I wanna say, six songs. Vocally, he sounded good, but his playing was sloppy. I think I noticed because I've seen him play so many times. Haha. It was good though, so woohoo!

Every single bit of what I just talked about, save one or two songs, can be seen on YouTube, here: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=DakotaFloyd&p=r

I also have a couple extra copies of everyone who played's stuff. If you want something, holla'!

The next show is this Sunday night, the 13th, at my house. 6PM. Be there?!

Ok, ok...I know you probably won't be at that one, but this next one will be really, really good: Tuesday, July 22nd / 5PM / Meeks Park / Grandfather Clock, Juffage, The New Diet. Be there, yes?

Alright, I'm done. That's about the least amount of time I've ever taken on a blog. And it's pretty much a happy blog. Weird, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Danny Randal was alright especially when he did my request, but not the mockingbird request. And yeah, Matt Fox, I don't know if I'll get censored here, but you get the point.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home