Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Standing On This Corner...

...Can't get their attention. Facing rush hour faces turned around. I clutch my stack of paper, press one to a chest, then watch it swoop and stutter to the ground. I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight, and waiting for a winter to be done. Why do I still see you in every mirrored window, in all that I could never overcome? How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands. How movements rise and then dissolve, melted by our shallow breath. How causes dance away from me. I am your pamphleteer. I walk this room in time to the beat of the Gestetner, contemplate my next communique. The rhetoric and treason of saying that I'll miss you. Of saying "Hey, well maybe you should stay." Sing "Oh what force on earth could be weaker than the feeble strength of one" like me remembering the way it could have been. Help me with this barricade. No surrender. No defeat. A spectre's haunting Albert Street. I am your pamphleteer.
~The Weakerthans

Well, as I'm sure everyone has heard, Coach West has passed away. It's still so surreal. But that's just the unpredictability of life, I guess. I recorded a video dedicated in his memory and put it on YouTube the other day. It's a cover of an old Suite 11 song that we wrote for Luke and Jameson. I kind of rushed it, as I was already running late for work, but it can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1d2HJ-luTU

Yesterday's show was fun. Not many people showed up, but the ones that did were sooooo random. Like, people that maybe come to one or two shows a year, random. But oh well. Maribelle and Bandits & Bandages wound up making 60something bucks. I think the best part of the whole day was that we went to Downtown Pizza afterwards, and I got free pizza! And I didn't steal it! Sometimes being in a crappy band pays off. Basically, Kelly, the manager or whatever the heck he is of Downtown said he liked a Red Hot Chili Peppers cover that we did once and said I could have free pizza. Balla'!

Worked sucked tonight. We had pretty much a million parties of 10 or more. Oh well.

It's been raining for most of the night. Wooo!

Speaking of night, I love driving at night. Not like, 9 or 10, but 3 or 4. When no one else is on the road. I like going down random roads that I've never been on before. It's nice to just get out and think. I don't do it too often, though. I don't wanna wake anyone in my house up! Ahhhh!

I need to start my summer reading! Eep!

I hate it when people don't call me back or respond to messages. Especially when I'm trying to help them with a show or something. Yargh!

The inserts for the Matt K CDs came in today. They look really good! Now I'm just waiting for my stamps so I can start making / stamping CDs. This release is almost out of my hair. Finally!

I really wish I would stop wasting my time doing stupid stuff and instead, do something worthwhile or important for a change. But I know I won't.

And that reminds me. Due to lack of interest, I'm not doing Bye FOREVER! Fest anymore. Sorry to the three people that were actually interested.

Wow, this was a pretty pointless blog. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home