Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Do We Copy Art, Or Is the Art Just Us?

Ok, so I decided to post the afore-mentioned, typed-up-but-not-posted blog from a few days ago. Here it is:

M'kay, so do you ever have those days when you just think "wow, I really hope someone remembers me someday?" And how about those days when you're like "I hope everyone forgets I even existed?" Yea. I'm siding with the latter at the moment.

I just want to be another human being. Sure, I still want to have individual thoughts -- I don't wanna be brainwashed by mainstream media or underground culture or anything for that matter -- but I know deep down that I'm not making a lasting difference on anything, and it seems like no matter what I do, that's not going to change. I'm just another person, contributing absolutely nothing to society, while all the while pouring what is left of this planet that we live on down the drain. I drive a car, I waste, I contribute to destroying the environment on pretty much every level. I know those are things that could be changed sometime, at least in my life (I'm working on it), but at the current moment they seems pretty impossible.

And something else. I'm sick of people saying "Dakota, you're gonna be famous someday." No. No, I'm not. I don't deserve to be. About the only thing I've got going for me is that I'm a nice guy. And I'm not even good at that. I'm just kind of patient. But not really that either. But who wants to be famous anyway? Certainly not me.

Blah. I'm trying my best to leave this town how it was when I found it. I'm not doing a good job.

Sorry.

I just typed up that post off the top of my head. I haven't re-read it or changed anything, so sorry if some of it doesn't make sense or there are a bunch of mistakes or something.

Ok, scratch that. Four days later. Here's an update:

The imadethismistake show was a lot of fun. About 11 people showed up and all of them seemed to have a good time. The band made enough for a full tank of gas and some food. And I got to play drums for the last three songs. Woohoo. A few songs coming soon to a YouTube near you.

A bunch of stuff fell through for the Friday, June 13th Farewell Flight show, so now I'm struggling to find a venue for it. I was thinking of House of Prayer, as they're having a huge lock-in that night, and Farewell Flight is a Christian band, but they're being super weird about it. Which is weird to me. Totally free entertainment for a bunch of kids who will probably be bored out of their minds. I will never understand people as long as I live.

I want to go on tour.

I want to see my friends again.

Everything I love is going away.

Sorry if you actually read all of this gobbledegook. To cheer yourself up a little bit, you should watch this video some of my friends made called "Boys Night In."

http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/31-movies/boys-night-in/

2 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Dakota, I'm gonna give you a hug when I see you.

That was random.

I was gonna buy you another uekelele (SPELLING, AGAIN, I know) in Hawaii, but they were pretty darn expensive.

Maybe next time. :D

4:08 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

We'll get you a bodhran when we go to Ireland next year... or if they're expensive too, I'll buy you one of those little kid drums at the dollar store and pretend it's a bodhran. It's the thought that counts! Anyway, I don't know about you but worrying about something that far away has never helped me. Also, to make a lasting impression usually means that you're far away or dead. In the words of Jack Sparrow, "That's grim either way you slice it." So, live it up! Now's the only thing that ever happens here anyway. Let me know if you ever start living in another time and I'll change my opinion.

later

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home