Saturday, June 07, 2008

I'm On the Sad Side Of A Nowhere Town...

Wow, what a lousy day. Yesterday was decent. Today sucked.

Yesterday:

-- Got confirmed venues for both the 13th and 20th shows. Woohoo.
-- Found like three awesome bands that are close that I'm going to ask to play at Bye FOREVER! Fest.
-- Work was really slow.
-- I got a package from No Idea Records with thew new Defiance, Ohio album, "The Fear, The Fear, The Fear" and a CD of old Paul Baribeau demos called "25."
-- Ordered a snazzy new electric guitar at a decent price. I'll need it for the mathrock band I'm starting with Kylewilliam this fall. Come see us at The Fest? Haha.
-- Decided that I'm probably going to go to The Fest this Halloween.
-- My Chris Clavin LP from Crafty Records shipped! Should be here in a couple days.

Today:
-- I'm pretty sure everyone got on my nerves at least once tonight I work.
-- Kylewilliam and company complained about the tour video they asked me to edit for them. They wanted me to take out all of the transitions, which are what made the video halfway decent, and fix a bunch of crap that they themselves did wrong. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but iMovie keeps closing when I even touch anything,
-- Farewell Flight was asking me about getting paid tonight. They know I don't do guarantees.
-- I didn't get any mail.
-- Having problems figuring out where I wanna do Bye FOREVER! Fest.
-- Only got to ride my bike for like 3 minutes today.

On the brighter side, we have brownies at my house. And I just ate some tomato soup. Those are about the only high points of my day.

I'm so pumped for Bye FOREVER Fest! As of now, it's going to be happening on Saturday, August 16th. Where? I don't know yet! Somewhere indoors that I can use all day for cheap / free. I think I wanna start it around 12 or 1. I'm thinking something like 8 - 10 bands. I wanna make it free, but I know with that many bands playing, not everyone will make gas money, and I certainly don't have the money to give to them, so maybe it'll cost a couple bucks? I dunno yet. Also, I think I'm gonna make it a vegan potluck too, although I don't know how well Blairsvillians will embrace the whole vegan thing, and I might teach everyone who wants to learn how to screenprint. Got an idea for a spot that's somewhere close to town and not really expensive to rent out? And it needs to be indoors or in a covered area where no water can get in (because, uhhh...you know...we're gonna be dealing with electricity here). Oh, and big enough to hold maybe like 100 people, tops I'd say? I wish I could rent out that place that says "251 Murphy Highway" that nothing's in right now, but I doubt I'll be able too. And I know the Brasstown Community Center would be available, but that's wayyyy out in the country. Maybe the Brackett Room? Definitely not the Civic Center. Meeks Park is outside.

Jeez. Blairsville needs a teen center.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Uh...the old movie theater hasn't been officially bought yet. You could probably rent that for a day. It's great for putting bands down in front of the movie screens and there are plenty of built in seats for guests. Also, I'm pretty sure that the building in the same area (Studio something-or-other) actually is some sort of teen center thing...tho, they probably turned it into some sort of arts and crafts junk store. So nm about that last one. The theater is still a good idea tho.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

What about that place where they have the square dances?
The superrr old red gymnasium near the "Sunny Days" laundry mat (also near Cross Roads.. I think).

I don't know.
maybe?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home