Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Celebrate Who I Am, Don't Mourn That I'm Gone...

Well, Coach West's funeral was today. It was sad, but it got the job done. It left me with some sense of closure, that everything will be ok. He was a good man, who lived a good life. What more could anyone ask? I only hope that someday I can touch as many hearts as Coach West did in his short time with all of us. Until we meet again, Coach West, you will be greatly missed by everyone you ever came in contact with. Thank you.

So, I've decided for the next week to write a song a day. Why? Well, for one, there's nothing else to do, and two, I don't like anything I write. I'm hoping that by writing something everyday I'll eventually find something I do like. All of the songs will be posted on YouTube if I get around to it. If I wind up not doing this, you can all punch me in the face. Maybe.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be able to make it to Southwest Folk Fest in Chicago this year. It's August 8th and 9th, with The Gadabout Film Festival going on at night (Ed, you still wanna submit that thing?). I'm super pumped!

I think I'm gonna buy a new guitar amp tomorrow. I hate to spend the money, but I really need one. I was messing around with a 50w Peavey Valveking (tube!) the other day, and I really, really liked it. So that's probably what I'll wind up getting.

All of the rest of the stuff for the Matt K CDs came in today. Burning 150 CDs is going to take FOREVER, though! Ahhhh! I got all of the disc face art done though, and they look pretty good. Better than I was expecting. If you want one, just give me a couple bucks or something? I dunno? My official price is $2 - 5 (sliding scale), but if you don't have that much or are cheap like me, I can give it to you for whatever. And if you wanna know what all you'd be getting: hand stamped / decorated 10 track CDr, fullcolor insert, slimline jewel case, sticker, and a hug! You know you want one.

Speaking of selling stuff, I am pretty broke / will be an even more broke college student soon, and I have too much stuff laying around my house. I'm selling my old Drive Electric guitar and my 100w Rogue solidstate amp. Really cheap. Also, I've got all kinds of CDs from bands who have played here. I'll sell them to you for exactly what I paid for them or less (they're all brand new). I just wanna get them out of my way. If you wanna know what all I've got, lemme know!

Eric Ayotte's new CD, "Remnants of Storytown" just came out a couple days ago. I'm really looking forward to getting it. Never listened to Eric Ayotte? He wrote one of my favorite songs of all time, which can be viewed / heard here: http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/eric-ayotte/mr-and-mrs-everyone/

Andrew Jackson Jihad also have a new song up on ifyoumakeit. You should recognize the tune. http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/andrew-jackson-jihad/sense-sensibility/

Anyway, I'm sure you guys don't care about any of that music stuff so I'm just gonna shut up. If you made it this far, awesome! If you didn't, you didn't miss much.

PS -- Where the heck did June go?

1 Comments:

Blogger BLITZKRIEG! said...

Yeah, June just seemed to go away as I blinked. Crazy how time flies. Ready for college? :)

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home